The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new '08 7010 this year and wondering why they would have changed the rear-end panelling and Ladder on the new 20 Series Combines ? Supposedly the was some problems with the Ladder, ours seems to work fine and the location is OK.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Actually it was dust/trash buildup on the rear deck and around the rear paneling. The previous axial flow models didn't ever have this problem so they attempted to copy their own design for the new model. I don't know how bad the problem must've been, but this was the reason I was told by people beyond my dealer.

·
Registered
809 Posts
You'll find out the first time you go to fuel up or work up on top on your combine after harvesting soybeans....stand back as you pull the ladder over.......and doesn't matter which way the wind is blowing there's dust all over up there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
sell oficialy from CIH mesage was that the back of new models is L shaped to say "I need no straw walkers I'm axial flow"

·
Registered
101 Posts
Heritage had nothing to do with the change. From 2004, I have complained to Case about our 8010 ladder. It is a huge debris build up area. When the combine is brand new you don't have any problems with it, but as it gets in the real world conditions, it becomes a pain in the butt. If your not a solid 5 ft 10' inches tall, your not getting that ladder down with all the trash around it without using a step stool or the tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts