The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised here are some pictures of our lambs we are feeding ready to sell shortly

hopefull to recieve some more rain in the next few days which shold be good!
aussiefarmer

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nice lookin lambs. How many lbs do you like to get them up to before you sale them? What's a good price down there for that size?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just done a quick conversion...we sell them at about 22-24kg cwt to a supermarket processor, wich would be about 50 lbs

if we can get between $90-110 we are usually happy

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by summer im guessing you mean your summer not ours...we are heading towards our winter shortly...still very dry here the trees are stalking the dogs trying to get some moisture!!

we farm about 100 km north west of adelaide right at the top of yorke peninsula mostly cropping cereals and peas with a few of these ground lice OH i mean sheep running over some of our non arable land.

·
Registered
27 Posts
aussiefarmer, where in South Australia are you? I'll be in Adelaide this summer. I don't think we'll be doing many ag tours besides a vineyard. What kind of an operation do you have?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, I'm sorry, my summer, your winter. How many acres do you guys farm?

Haha, we call them range maggots here. Not many sheep where I'm from though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our farm is a sniff over 7000 acres with a sniff over 6000 arable the rest keeps these ground lice fed during the winter months.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hey Aussiefarmer
I am from up in QLD we have a farm and contracting business now but we were feedloters (Cattle and sheep) up to 6 years ago. those lambs look pretty good. how is the season treating you so far it dosen't look realy good up here but we have a month or so yet.

Cheers blanchfarm

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey mate...the season down here took a turn for the better we have had another copy book opening to the season...if we could only get some rain in the spring we will be all smiles have had 40-45 mm of rain here in the past 5 days still getting some scuddy showers blowing over tonight. hope you get a good drop up there soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts