The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
It will be interesting to see what actually sells. When they bring machines to markings annual consignment sale they usually return to the dealers lot. Rarely do they actually sell. Maybe this auction they'll let some machines go resonable.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
The money won't be there,, well see if dealerships will actually adjust or just try and wait everyone out..
Buying new has been cheaper lately.. Which isn't good for the used market prices dropping... Something will have to give.

·
Registered
158 Posts
All things considering I thought prices were pretty darn good comparing other colors and recent auction numbers. All who thought gleaners ate the biggest depreciation? Looks to me like the green kook aid jumbo jumbo about resale has faded into the past. I'm glad to see that if I sold mine I'd get most of my money back with the gleaners.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Something to keep in mind if looking to up date is any Gleaner five years old or newer on our Butler lot has been tuned up and examined to the point they have extened warranty. Not sure how complete the coverage is but sure worth looking into if your in the market

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thought the newer machines held up well. Looks like you could catch an R62, early models, with ~2500 sep. hours in the 16-22k range. Might need some wrenching and Hyperizing but that's a lot of bang for the buck. Maybe they were beat? Couldn't make the sale to check it out but with a little wrenching they would make a great 2nd combine IMHO. KB

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
8850jd, You would have to ask about machine you are looking at to verify what degree of hyperizing it got. Most are well on there way if machine originated in our area. I would like to go full out and hype to max on all machines but then the guys go price shoping and we become more expensive. I know the extra money is worth it but not everybody looks at it like I do. First we need chance at sale then the saleman has to sell the added benifits

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Then I would have to have the conversation with your service department and price in the improvements... Before a purchase.. Most salesman would like to sell it, but being at a distance I could see wanting an older machine, and have your experience service department do all the updates..
I heard horror stories about making round bales in the second feeder house, my dad had a 1992 r52 and that is the only reason we are not running gleaners today.
To your point of trying to price up the modifications.. Yeah its hard, because the combine should have functioned like that from the factory... And that is a good argument agents paying a premium over a regular gleaner.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I bought a used R62 from Butler in N.D, still has the hurtt vinyl stickers on the ladder and the rear of the machine. Its been modded extensively and has a Bison rotor. Bought it in september and paid more than what the auction's are bringing currently. But since its hyperized I didnt mind spending a little more to get it. I have yet to run it, but im really looking forward to running it next to my R65 next summer.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yes you would need to talk with knowledgable salesman and if they don't know they should spent the time to find the answers to your question. If they don't it may just be their loss.
You mention a 22 season old machine and the first model year of that combine. There are things that changed on that machine over previous machine it replaced that needed to be addressed right away and Gleaner did that. From then on many more things changed and Gleaner adapted with many things in feeder threw the years. I won't say they allways kept up to speed as fast as we wanted them to but I find them making changes in past few years faster than they had for many previous. Beauty of it is you can upgrade these older machines to really perform and all the info can be found hear if a guy wants to do a little research.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
It was an internal pressure issue with the duetz that was a big part... The r52 couldn't beat the 6620 it replaced..
But when you have a 225hp 6620_ that is going to be difficult for any machine in comparison to beat.
I know they have changed.. That why I am looking for a Cummins 62 or r72 from the 1996 years... They seem to be hard to find.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.