The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we finished up on June 6th...finally. Was a short season as far as working hours, but a d**n long one in terms of waiting. Stretched my patience to a level of being almost non-existant.

Anyway, in no special order, here are the last pics of this spring. Projects are starting as soon as we get done mowing roadsides so they look nice for the 4th. So more pics will be up over the summer.

Some nursery ground we broke in...not the best but not bad for just one pass with the soil finisher.

Back to black dirt.

Where'd the gauge wheel go again?

Marker vs steel trash bin...somehow the key got shutoff which doesnt kill the motor on the old tractors if you a youngin. Servo's didn't have any power to them though and the marker didn't raise. So it lost...

Weight bolts somehow snapped off....made for an interesting sound until i figured out what it was...

Got to one end of the field and it was sunny, turned around and saw this....quickly got on the road before it was too late!

· Registered
1,236 Posts
Nice pics EbertFarms, I am always impressed at the job the soil finisher does.

Looked real hard at one before we bought the 330 turbo (34') but the 2310 (40') was 25,000 more and that is an expensive 6 feet.

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
marker took us a couple hours to weld back up for a temporary fix. Local guy does splitters and has a pile of markers laying around he doesnt use.

Black ground looks like a million bucks, but production isn't quite up to par with the sand. A good year for black ground is 180bpa or there about for corn.

the 2310's are expensive for sure, our new finisher is a Krause Landsmen...folds better, cheaper, and we just like alot about the machine. We will never go back to a regular cultivator though.

Thanks for the compliments, always makes my rough job of taking pictures while driving a little easier if people actually like em.
Feel free to keep the comment or questions coming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.