The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a diffrence?

We got a heap of headers going in chickpeas at the moment. A non-bullet 9760, a 9660 bullet and two 9670 bullets.

They are all set up the same. All the headers got two big wire concaves in the front and one small wire in the back. All of them has one of them concave strips on the very front of the front concaves.

Now, The 9760 is doing a beautiful job getting all the peas out of the pods and not cracking them. The two 9670's are doing a great job at it, but until today i could just not find a way to set the 9660 up in a way where it would get all the peas out of the pods, and not crack the grain.

It had me absolutely baffled, and i could just not find any reason to why it shouldnt be able to do it right. Even a power shutdown couldnt even tell me the story.

So i took the rotor covers off and told the operator to start it up so i could have look at what was going on. And then i saw it. The tailings where just really going straight through the middle concave, rendering the whole idea of a tailings elevator and bottom sieve useless. so i put a strip under the middle of the middle concave, and that fixed the problem.

But why isnt it a problem on the two 9670? or the 9760? neither of those have a strip under the middle of the middle concave? Its only the late model 9660?

And unless there is any diffrence between that and the 70's bullet i just cannot se any reason to why it shouldnt be doing a good job without that strip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
have you calibrated he concaves and sieves? If their out it would have an affect... Hows the harvest going anyway? We're starting at condamine in the next few days...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah they are all calibrated, noone is diffrent there! The 9660 was just impossible to set up with out that strip!

Its going allright, the weather is playing up a bit, but we are ticking along.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts