The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find much info on the 9610/CTS2 era rubber track system that JD made for a couple of years.

My questions are:

1. Are they good stuff and work well with little problems or is there a reason JD quit offering them?

2. It looks like there is a gear box on them, I would assume this gears them up? What is the road speed with these?

I have been trying to find a set, and I assume they are good because I've seen multiple combines for sale with these and when I call on them, I get "tracks are not included, the owner is moving them to his newer machine."

·
Registered
261 Posts
You are right, so little info online regarding those combines and basically no info on tracks. Not sure what kind of tracks JD offered in North American market, but I think in Europe those were made by HaRain. Still offered even on new S series combines on the old continent. Those seams to be really good. Very little info on those too though. But as far as I know there are two set-ups. A smaller a nd a bit larger one. with 3 track widths on smaller one and 2 on larger one. They are suppose to have their own gear boxes so combines that have left and right final drives are loosing those to accommodate the tracks. Thats to my knowledge.
As far as the road speed, tracks do offer cca. 70% of the speed of the tires, so, combine is to be slower.
I have been trying to find the smallest JD rotary combine and fit rubber tracks on it, how hard can that be?! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.