1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little update:

Stacking hay

Trying out a disc cutter

Bought these gravity wagons in Iowa and had them delivered to West Texas!!!

Plowing before sowing oats

My new truck I bought this summer!

Cutting trees out of fence lines and spraying them:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooh, I like the pickup. Are you guys planting wheat yet?
Thanks, Kevin. We sowed some oats for grazing last week, but that has been it. We still need another good rain before we start sowing wheat.

I bet yall have quite a bit more moisture than us...?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Nah, we're drier than a popcorn fart. We had a couple rains back in mid-August, but with the constant heat we've had it didn't last very long. Right now we're prewatering wherever we can.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.

Yeah Kevin, we need a good two or three inch rain that'll give a good soaking. We've been getting some half inch showers over the past month but the moisture is gone the next day.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Good to hear from you again. As always, good pics. Hope everything has turned out well with the newer combine. Any sesame this year? Just got our checks in from Sesaco. Might check out my thread in 'Crop Production' on our sesame, especially the last posting by me. BTW - very nice ride ya got, there! Later.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to hear from you again. As always, good pics. Hope everything has turned out well with the newer combine. Any sesame this year? Just got our checks in from Sesaco. Might check out my thread in 'Crop Production' on our sesame, especially the last posting by me. BTW - very nice ride ya got, there! Later.
Thanks. Yeah, the combine worked great this summer. Unreal how much faster a mile or two per hour feels compared to running the ole 7720. Didn't plant any sesame this summer. I checked out the thread and that is some really good looking stuff. The combine looks pretty awesome, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts