The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a photo of a prototype Versatile self propelled combine, I don't know when they were taken but I think lates 70s or early 80s. Does anyone know anything about this machine, what type of seperation did it use, what happened to it.?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Re: lates 70 early 80s versatile SP combine protot

Probably had a separator like the last pull type. More or less a regular front cylinder, but with angled (cheveroned) bars in the center to push the grain somewhat to the outside. Grain then was fed into two rotary axial cylinders kind of like in the big Claas combines. It's been quite a while and I can't remember as well as years back. Never have seen a sp, but remember seeing a run or two of the pull types in AB and SK. about the time NH bought them.

·
Registered
83 Posts

To gskoworodko : Check out Versatile 2000/ New Holland TA 78
on page 2 of this site.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Ive only seen one picture of it, its probably the same one you have seen, Its shelling corn with what looks to be massey ferguson built corn head. I also asked about it when I was on a tour at the versatile/newholland/bulier plant in winnipeg and one of the guys who had worked there for 40 years told me it was just like the 2000 with an updated shaker pan, and the narrow rear end that looks like it contains walkers, is actually the engine compartment just slapped on the back. I always wanted to build one out of a 2000, a 4700 swather cab and an 8.3 cummins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts