The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check me out,
Looks like the impeller wear strips on the latest 700 series wide bodies have four bolts? Not five like the 500 series wide bodies? The chevron looks wider and hence the narrower wear strips. Notice how most of the wear is on the first four inches of the straight impeller blades like the chevron was to narrow? Maybe this will help fix some of the impeller issues? Am I having a bout of wishful thinking? Tiger

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I agree about the wear being on the first few inches. I find it interesting the wear isn't on the first few inches of the strip beside each outer chevron! I think no matter how wide the middle chevron is, there will be wear on the strip in the mid section.

Have you considered the middle wears worse and can feed bad because of the way the rotors turn...? Both rotors turn towards the middle on the bottom. It's no wonder the chevron plugs and wears in the middle. The rotors are stripping the material away from the impeller on the sides but in the middle area, the rotors are turning upward, as is the impeller...no stripping action. If the material doesn't exit and go into the rotors, it can either recycle or simply build up, beating and wearing on the impeller all day long. Maybe you are right...a wider chevron will get the material to the middle of each rotor, where it can work with it.

I am just about to order the rotor flow kit based on....it's name....and some Internet reviews. That's what I suggest first before trying to modify something

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Check me out,
Looks like the impeller wear strips on the latest 700 series wide bodies have four bolts? Not five like the 500 series wide bodies? The chevron looks wider and hence the narrower wear strips. Notice how most of the wear is on the first four inches of the straight impeller blades like the chevron was to narrow? Maybe this will help fix some of the impeller issues? Am I having a bout of wishful thinking? Tiger
Back to the way the 480 was? They did not seem to have a problem feeding into the rotors but then the rotor opening was twice as big. I wonder what the engineers were trying to accomplish on the 500s???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts