The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTS- Walker Machine

I am not sure about the looks of these new models. I do like how John Deere matched the walker with the rotaries with the WTS series to be like the STS. I am not exactly sold on the popup extension (possibly double as a tarp?) but I think Deere is updating a fine tuned combine (The Walker) and making it a staple in their line-up again. Either way I think we'll see more of these around next year.

Alex

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Is the location of the returns elevator onto the left side a new thing? I thought they were always on the right side.

As for the pop-up extensions, wow. Now there is another $1000 on the price tag. Someday one of these companies will make a combine that is cheap without all the extras. Farmers tend to be cheap and it would probably sell very well.

-Lance

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeap the clean grain elevator is on the right side still but the tailings elevator are on the left side, possibly meaning they're trying to run everything on one side of the machine? Or at least they are starting to lean towards that as a possibility?

How was the "vacation" Lance?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Quote:How was the "vacation" Lance?

Oh man. It was nice to cut some wheat again. I didn't take a cell phone with me so it was a whole week without customers calling. I didn't have to think IT at all. Today at work it seemed everything kept falling apart. On my drive home I was thinking how nice it was to just cut wheat and not have 10 other things going on. Harvest wasn't a vacation physically, but it was mentally.

-Lance

·
Registered
71 Posts
John deere's have always had the return on the left side of the combine. Not until the sts came did they switch that around. It looks like they changed the lights and the bin extensions look european. I would rather have our big tops on personally. looks exactly the same as the 9650 walker i run expcept smaller tires and bin.

·
Registered
71 Posts
John deere's have always had the return on the left side of the combine. Not until the sts came did they switch that around. It looks like they changed the lights and the bin extensions look european. I would rather have our big tops on personally. looks exactly the same as the 9650 walker i run expcept smaller tires and bin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.