The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Being involved in a technology research project across the U.S. I thought this was the right place to throw in a few questions and hopefully get some useful feedback?

We are a company outside of the Ag-industry developing very accurate but low cost mobile wireless sensors. These are of very little size and can be attached to pretty much any surface. They are so far measuring different values like Moisture and Protein (with more to come...) of certain grains (Wheat, Barley, Corn, Soybeans, Sorghum to name a few...) They are constantly connected to the cell phone network (if there is service available) and I am trying to learn if our devices could bring a benefit while being installed on the inside of a grain bin or somewhere else during or after harvest?

If you have any question, let me know.

Thanks to everyone for a response

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Sounds very interesting. There are several systems currently in wide use to measure temperature and moisture. But even a bench-mount protein tester is rare and expensive. Would be interesting to have more affordable protein testing. Having that in the bin at all times might be interesting and useful, to see if there's a change in protein during drying for example. And having a readout of protein as grain is going in the bin would be very useful too. Consider me interested.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Very interested, like to see a string off six moisture sensors 8 ft long put in semi trailer or graincart wifi readout .
accuracy within 0.1 point and instant readings ,!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds very interesting. There are several systems currently in wide use to measure temperature and moisture. But even a bench-mount protein tester is rare and expensive. Would be interesting to have more affordable protein testing. Having that in the bin at all times might be interesting and useful, to see if there's a change in protein during drying for example. And having a readout of protein as grain is going in the bin would be very useful too. Consider me interested.
I will!
Might reach out to you in the future, too if you don't mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts