The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All this is a shot in the dark but I'm wondering if anyone is still growing the variety of wheat Laura i am looking to purchase anything you might have for a premium.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dad insisted that we grow this variety for years. Finally made him see the light 15 years ago and switch he'd to all duram cereals. Not sure why anyone would still want it. There are far superior hard red spring varieties out there imo

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a quality in the dough that none of the varieties today have if you know where there might be some I would pay a premium for it

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Sounds like the old Warburton contracts where they used to pay guys to grow Teal. Around here fusarium put those varieties in the obsolete column. Even the SW corner of Mb and SE Sask. where they used to be able to grow them are getting their share of fusarium now. You might try running an ad in the Producer or Co-operator to see if there's anyone left, but it's a skimpy search at best, and I really don't think the carryover of old crop is near as big as everyone seems to think it is. Maybe check the Yellow Pages under masochists?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts