The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been using 2" suction hose with a ball valve at the end to load our sprayer for years.
The handler and pump is 3" and the sprayer is only 800gal tank.
Just curious what others are using as fill hoses on 3" systems; lay flat or suction?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Suction. If you don't have the lay flat nice and straight, it takes forever for a chemhandler to inject chem.

·
Registered
427 Posts
We have no problem with the flat hose. When finish filling just role it up. Takes little room to store. Just find suction hose can be clumsy at times.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Definitely the suction hose. Like others have said more times than I care to admit have been caught with chem in the handler and not enough tank left and you can just pull it on with the sprayer pump. Then you have to dick with lay flat so there’s no pinch points or your handler hates life. When you unhook suction hose and no valve on the end very little water comes out. Unhook lay flat hose full and the whole thing wants to instantly empty while your holding it! Then roll it up every time!!???

·
Registered
10 Posts
suction hose but maybe if you had a hose reel you could use layflat. not really any strenght in layflat so probably poke a hole in it right away.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Suction hose. Lay flat is nice to work with, but gets holes pretty quick if your running it thru a ditch, or in stubble.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Lay flat same as rag hose like we called it in my rigging days?
Fire hose?
I think they are referring to this type PVC hose.

The fire hose/water hose we used in my rig days was rubber lined with a canvas, threaded type outer sheath which is probably what you thinking of. Still the fire hose we use at plants I work at today. No good for chemical though and tend to rot if not dried out. I haven’t experienced that though as we never dried them out on the rigs and at the plants you get **** if you don’t hang them to dry off the crane or whatever if you ever use them. Assume it because rig hose got to used all the time and plant hose rarely gets used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts