The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
great, thanks- I'm just getting into the alfalfa seed business- how has it treated you?
Average. Its always been a sideline so plays second fiddle to canola.(for spray timing etc.) But its not that kind of crop. It has to be first or you get nothing. Its good diversification. If we ever get a cracking hot July it'll be jackpot time. Lately would have made more with regular crops. But all the exercise is worth something.:D

Where are you at?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Average. Its always been a sideline so plays second fiddle to canola.(for spray timing etc.) But its not that kind of crop. It has to be first or you get nothing. Its good diversification. If we ever get a cracking hot July it'll be jackpot time. Lately would have made more with regular crops. But all the exercise is worth something.:D

Where are you at?
I admired your attitude!! I would like to find someone who could provide a couple thousand gallons every fall under three year committment , the price would be preset and the cells picked up and paid for every fall after the tests are ran.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi we would have approx. 280 gallons of bees for sale not all you need but some.Where are you located?
Great, I'm following up on a couple of leads for a larger quantity, however, I would like to get together on what you have, any chance that you have some neighbors wilh bees that could be pooled together? Please PM me with some contact info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just checking to see If you found the bees needed. I have good clean bees and would be able to provide consistent supply needed. Have dealt many times with dealers mentioned here by others but would be happy to deal direct with private farmer. I would be happy to discuss options for future.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.