The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about changing over to led lights on my combine. Any recommendations on what to look for when I buy them such as how many watts etc...?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would be less concerned about watts or amps with leds,the lumens and color temperature are the most important considerations.There are a lot of leds lights out that may use older led chips that don't put out as much light per watt as the new ones do.5000 K is considered noon day sun. A higher number is a whiter light but may not help you see farther.Quality lights also come in spot and flood types,so you need to know what you need from your lights.I only have used Baha Designs lights on my combines.They are one of the top used led lights in the Baha 500 desert race.They are not cheap but quality never seems to be.Some of their 4 led lights out shine much bigger light bars.Take time to watch a few YouTube videos on offroad light comparisons.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use these for more local lighting: ebay - 18w spots

and I would get something like this for lighting up everything in front of you or behind: ebay - 288w curved bar 50"

These bars are plenty bright and cannot be beat in price. You dont even need the 50", they offer all different sizes. would stick with cree leds unless you wanted to shine far, then I would try osram. they have more of a projector lens and can get some real distance out of them. a little more expensive, but not bad. I dont really believe in spending 3-7x the amount for something just to get a better warranty when its something that can be replaced with 2 bolts and 2 wires.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I use these for more local lighting: ebay - 18w spots

and I would get something like this for lighting up everything in front of you or behind: ebay - 288w curved bar 50"

These bars are plenty bright and cannot be beat in price. You dont even need the 50", they offer all different sizes. would stick with cree leds unless you wanted to shine far, then I would try osram. they have more of a projector lens and can get some real distance out of them. a little more expensive, but not bad. I dont really believe in spending 3-7x the amount for something just to get a better warranty when its something that can be replaced with 2 bolts and 2 wires.

How are these for quality? Do they light up a field like the daytime? Want build a light bar for the combine and 4wd. Looked at a few at agritrade but they wanted $1200 for 2 flood lights and a 30" led bar mounted on a alum frame.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Check out rigid industries. I have a couple sets of their d2 lights they have everything from little lights to big lights bars

·
Registered
718 Posts
How are these for quality? Do they light up a field like the daytime? Want build a light bar for the combine and 4wd. Looked at a few at agritrade but they wanted $1200 for 2 flood lights and a 30" led bar mounted on a alum frame.
I put a 30" curved LED lightbar on our skidsteer that i bought on eBay and i've been happy with it. Its super bright for moving snow. I don't know how to put a video on a post so i'll just add the link.

http://vid778.photobucket.com/albums/yy69/jdstsman/IMG_1738_zpsgwdhrpar.mp4

·
Registered
745 Posts
For us Canadians I have been buying from Montrealimport.com for a few years , very good quality and great service and at least competitive if not cheaper price . You can order online and they ship by mail very quickly . I have been very happy with my dealings and product

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like to use Hykolity lights. Hykolity LED Lighting for commercial and Industrial projects. High quality lighting fixtures and Outdoor Downlights at discounted prices.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I second larson lights crazy bright and good qualtiy, expensive but seen guys throwmlights ut after 2 years buy it once buy it good spend about 500 on the tractor on lights best thing you can have when working in the dark

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the leds at my dealer thought partial to amazon for price they fit right in the cab mounts to make it really clean looking and there bright enough to cut through the dust wherever factory ones seem to reflect dust

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also how is the light bar going to help when the crop runs over your grain tank on to the roof storage where u mount it lol!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a 5ft curved light bar on my combine and I am impressed with it - it is so bright that I have to turn it off when coming up to my brother the other way . One thing that I have found though is that for some reason the bright light won't cut through really heavy dust and you kind of get blinded like in a snow storm .

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a 5ft curved light bar on my combine and I am impressed with it - it is so bright that I have to turn it off when coming up to my brother the other way . One thing that I have found though is that for some reason the bright light won't cut through really heavy dust and you kind of get blinded like in a snow storm .
If you want to cut through dust you need to run ambers.

Sometimes you can get clip on covers so you can switch them on or off as needed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts