The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are busy finishing up our shop, we're looking for some strip lighting to put underneath the mezzanine where our workbench will be. Does anybody have any experience with some of uncle wieners lights? Price looks good but not sure of the quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I bought a 50w led yard light from them.. . Its been up and working great for a couple years now... but ever since it was new there was 1 of the 50 led elements that didn't work... so it's actually a 49watt.
But I believe most of not all the stuff they sell is seconds, so you get what you pay for. That's my only experience with them.
I changed out all my 4 bulb 4 foot florescent bulbs with the Costco led replacement bulbs and am very happy with those, I believe $34 a pair and no rewiring. Good for a retrofit but not sure how it would work for you buying fixtures.
My brother recently installed led lights under and above his mezzanine, I can ask if you like where he got them, if you have tin they're really neat because they're. Likable and magnetic so just stick em up where you want.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Not a big fan of Uncle Weiners. Very much an all sales final place. Had an issue with a pressure washer. Took a while to resolve.

I did pick up a tire spreader from them and they threw in a LED light bar for the tractor. It works but definitely at the bottom for quality.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I finally had to replace some of my 25 year old fluorescent 8 foot lights. The ballasts were failing and they were used in 1990 when I hung them. I found some LED 8' tubes from Home Hardware reg price about $78 and when buying about 20 they dropped to about 72. I did not look around any more. Still quite a bit more than Uncle Wiener. They are really bright though. HH said to replace 2 fluorescent with one led. I had to rewire all of them in the old fixtures so just put in the same number as came out. That makes a lot of light. Very white bright light. I am happy with them so far. There is about 2 second delay when you turn them on.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Shop looks good, what do you envision using the mezzanine for?
As for Uncle Weiner's, I tried calling a few weeks ago to respond to an add for something I was interested in on Kijiji and called all four numbers listed for Edmonton and three for Calgary. Nobody ever answered the phone, left a few messages and nobody called back. I figured it was just a scam.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plan on using the mezzanine to store parts, and trying to get rid of floor clutter. Plan on putting pallets and boxes up there with a forklift, also have air compressor up there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts