The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which side do people prefer there augers on chaser bins? I can see pros and cons either way please give me your thoughts and experiences.

·
Premium Member
4,851 Posts
Well I am actually used to having an auger that hangs out the right on something else few have one of, so perhaps I'm biased to the right more than just politically :)

My cart unloads on the left, however since there is no hydraulic functions being activated or anything else requiring me to reach behind my back, its no big deal, but personally I'd take one on the right no question if given the choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
I prefer the left these swivel chairs help a lot on the hydraulic aspects I also put the scale head on the left back post so not in the way when chasing the combine to see the operators and the combine

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most Australian chaser bins can be optioned with either left or right augers and apparently the new generation Finch has been designed to be changed if required. We haven't run a chaser in the past so have no biased either way, however I feel as the left hand auger may be a hangover from the days when the augers were in a fixed position and simply had to be left hand.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I got my Grain King chaser made with a RH auger. All the tractor's hydraulic, PTO and gear controls are on the RH armrest, and my seat swivels more to the right. Ergonomicaly it just seems more natural to me - not that I've ever run one on the left.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Most Australian chaser bins can be optioned with either left or right augers and apparently the new generation Finch has been designed to be changed if required. We haven't run a chaser in the past so have no biased either way, however I feel as the left hand auger may be a hangover from the days when the augers were in a fixed position and simply had to be left hand.
I thought it might be so that the cart operator can run around in the field without putting the auger down... I wouldn't want to do that but some guys do.

Chompy's post is spot-on. Ergonomically, right side unload makes more sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts