The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking @ a used Lemken Rubin 9, just wondering if anyone has used one till it was wore out or maybe needed discs replaced.
How many acres were on it when they needed a rebuild?
Are they a reliable Tillage tool? or just a bunch of hype?
Thanks,

·
Registered
198 Posts
I will start by saying that yes I have worn out a 6 metre Rubin 9, it took 35000 ac, 3 sets of discs and countless sets of disc bearings and seals.
It was an amazing machine it saved us so many hrs of work by only working the top few inches of soil, yet it could drag enough soil to make the roughest paddocks smooth.
I am such a convert that I have sold every other piece of cultivation machinery other than my seeder.
When it was time to upgrade I couldn't justify another lemken as the cost of replacing the disc bearings and seals was just too great.
So after numerous demos and field days I finally settled on the horsch joker, I can't fault it and it can do in 2 passes what took the lemken 3.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
You on sandy soils there, Aussiemagnum?
If you don`t mind me asking, what is a ballpark figure for bearing cost on the Lemken?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I will start by saying that yes I have worn out a 6 metre Rubin 9, it took 35000 ac, 3 sets of discs and countless sets of disc bearings and seals.
It was an amazing machine it saved us so many hrs of work by only working the top few inches of soil, yet it could drag enough soil to make the roughest paddocks smooth.
I am such a convert that I have sold every other piece of cultivation machinery other than my seeder.
When it was time to upgrade I couldn't justify another lemken as the cost of replacing the disc bearings and seals was just too great.
So after numerous demos and field days I finally settled on the horsch joker, I can't fault it and it can do in 2 passes what took the lemken 3.
can't beat that experience.
but ya its a disc, everything wears out. In our case we need it to incorporate straw otherwise nothing will grow.
had lots of manufacturing mishaps with our lemken, but the dealer came trough and installed $40k upgrade on our 8 meter rubin.
machine has been flawless since.
We don't cover a whole lot of acres but machine does what its supposed to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.