The Combine Forum banner

181 - 200 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sadly Kevlar, as others have alluded to I'm going to just come out and say that you didn't get your money back from Leon's, but rather from another unsuspecting customer that probably paid 10 to 20% more upfront than you got back. So ... Leon's is still coming out ahead and another farmer is getting taken.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Sadly Kevlar, as others have alluded to I'm going to just come out and say that you didn't get your money back from Leon's, but rather from another unsuspecting customer that probably paid 10 to 20% more upfront than you got back. So ... Leon's is still coming out ahead and another farmer is getting taken.
Oh I know, I'm fully aware of that. That's why I'm not calling it quits, I feel the need to stop them and help others in any way I can.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
So in my absentmindedness, forgot Ag Days started today. Even went to Brandon for parts, heard about it on the radio! What am I going to be like when I get old???!!!!! Anyone go today? Did you notice if anyone "special" was there??

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Made it to Ag Days for a couple hours today and yes, they were there. I never talked to them, I figured I really had nothing to gain by doing so. Went by a couple different times and hung around some of the other booths near them, watched for roughly 20-30 minutes, and honestly only a couple people stopped and made small talk. I thought if it looked like anyone was seriously inquiring about them, I would have approached them. They weren't in a high traffic area, but all the other booths had a hand full of people chatting away at any given time. Maybe I just hit a slow period, or hopefully, their reputation has been put in the spot light? A part of me wanted to stir things up, but I took the high road.

On a different note, I bought my first thing ever from Ag Days! A Lock N Lube! I know, big spender right? So all you guys who have praised the Lock N lube, it had better measure up!

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
On a different note, I bought my first thing ever from Ag Days! A Lock N Lube! I know, big spender right? So all you guys who have praised the Lock N lube, it had better measure up!
But....did you take possession of your new Lock-n-lube, or did they say they would ship it in the mail???:oops:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Made it to Ag Days for a couple hours today and yes, they were there. I never talked to them, I figured I really had nothing to gain by doing so. Went by a couple different times and hung around some of the other booths near them, watched for roughly 20-30 minutes, and honestly only a couple people stopped and made small talk. I thought if it looked like anyone was seriously inquiring about them, I would have approached them. They weren't in a high traffic area, but all the other booths had a hand full of people chatting away at any given time. Maybe I just hit a slow period, or hopefully, their reputation has been put in the spot light? A part of me wanted to stir things up, but I took the high road.

Hey Kevlar, when Leon s finally paid you did they make you sign a legal document basically saying to not drag their name thru the dirt? The reason I ask is a couple years a ago I had trouble getting back money from an ag company. I threatened to go public with their antics and to make a long story short they paid the sum they owed in exchange for a non discloser contract. It really bugged me to agree to those conditions but I wanted them to be accountable for their mistake.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Hey Kevlar, when Leon s finally paid you did they make you sign a legal document basically saying to not drag their name thru the dirt? The reason I ask is a couple years a ago I had trouble getting back money from an ag company. I threatened to go public with their antics and to make a long story short they paid the sum they owed in exchange for a non discloser contract. It really bugged me to agree to those conditions but I wanted them to be accountable for their mistake.
No, I never signed anything, and I never would have, they have done this to way to many people for me to stay silent. Those non disclosure contracts bug the he!! out of me. Hear of them all the time with celebrities and politicians. To me they are nothing short of blackmail (and in your case, blackmailing you with your own money) or hush money.

I noticed yesterday I finally got my review posted on the BBB website. Still found it a little frustrating that they won't do complaints that are over a year old, and had a list of cases they wouldn't handle, some I could understand, but several were the exact type of case I thought they would want to do. After my experience with the BBB, it makes me wonder how many people didn't get to plead their case to them and then when they found that out didn't bother to put in a review on the company, as you have to file that separately.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
A word of advice, if it starts to leak when you use it it is NOT likely worn out. Just pull the rigger and screw the jaws in. They can work their way out and then not seal like they should and some people think they are poached and change the jaws. Been there done that.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Did anybody check out the Ag Shield scraper ? I haven't seen it myself but some of the locals looked at it while they were still building it and thought it looked like a well thought out well built unit . Just plugging our local buisness you know lol .

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Thanks for that. I shared that article to my Facebook page to help get the word out.
Thank you, I would have done that, but for some reason I can't bring myself to join the Facebook club! Some members of my family have put it on there also, that's how I found out my cousins husbands farm was going through the same thing.

181 - 200 of 219 Posts