The Combine Forum banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
I'm just going to update what I had done prior to finally get refunded our money. I want to keep this thread somewhat active in case others are having issues and I want them to be informed. I know a member on here is still out a machine yet, and haven't heard from the others that hadn't received theirs yet as to how they are making out. Here is a list of some my wife or myself contacted before we got our money back, I'm not sure if all or any of them contacted Leon's at any time, or if it was a combination of a few breathing down their necks that got them motivated.

1. President of Ag Days- said they were going to contact
2.Better Business Bureau
3.Yorkton Police and Yorkton Sherrif
4.Farm Equipment Manufactures Association- Leon's is a member, John was first Canadian Pres. about 10 years ago and was a board member
5.Agricultural Implements Act (Sask.)- was going to phone them
6. Manitoba Cooperator- contacted me then contacted Leon's
7. Consumer Protection (Sask.) called them early on, doubtful they called Leon's

Feels like I am forgetting some, these are just off the top of my head. Have a stack of notes, emails and phone records I will go through some day. Maybe if I get bored, I could right a novel with all the details, some of the phone calls were pretty interesting!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Still waiting...
The feb 3 deadline has came and gone.
I think my chance of getting anything from them is slim but I’ll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Still waiting...
The feb 3 deadline has came and gone.
I think my chance of getting anything from them is slim but I’ll keep you guys posted.
Deadlines ?? with them ?? lol
yes, keep us posted on your progress ...
on a side note, at least the BBB website is updated a little ..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Another deadline came and went.
This place is a joke don’t buy anything from them!
Too bad an old local company has gone for ****

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Another deadline came and went.
This place is a joke don’t buy anything from them!
Too bad an old local company has gone for ****
LOL
In their defense their sister company Ram industries had a major fire a couple weeks ago, management will be occupied with that I'm sure.;)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Funny, as soon as I heard about the fire, I got a suspicious feeling.

·
Registered
518 Posts
there's a quarter mile or so between the two sets of buildings, Leon' themselves, and Ram Industries, although both are on the north side of york road ..
haven't been by there in a while though ..

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Funny, as soon as I heard about the fire, I got a suspicious feeling.
LOL
Maybe some karma?
The fire wasn't suspicious.
Employees were working when it started and had they been a little more pro active with a hand held extinguisher there would be nothing to talk about.
At least the employees called the fire department.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Good thing Kevlar you got your money. This whole corna virus would of gave reason for Leons to run for the hills!I hope all the other outstanding equipment owing gets resolved soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We bought and paid for a machine 3.5 years ago and have not seen it yet. Last I heard, it was finally built but they sent it to wrong place; that was 5 months ago. I am trying to avoid wasting my time and money flying to Saskatchewan to confront them but don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
We bought and paid for a machine 3.5 years ago and have not seen it yet. Last I heard, it was finally built but they sent it to wrong place; that was 5 months ago. I am trying to avoid wasting my time and money flying to Saskatchewan to confront them but don't know what else to do.
Where are you from? You will have a fight ahead of you, that's for sure. Who were you dealing with? I can assure you that you won't get a straight answer from anyone there. Keep hounding the crap out of them. PM me if you want some people to call, I still have everything from my ordeal in a book, maybe I can help you out.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Oh god.
Here we go again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where are you from? You will have a fight ahead of you, that's for sure. Who were you dealing with? I can assure you that you won't get a straight answer from anyone there. Keep hounding the crap out of them. PM me if you want some people to call, I still have everything from my ordeal in a book, maybe I can help you out.
We are from Toronto area; I have dealt with a number of people there. Our machine was custom build and I was told last week that it definitely has been built; now we just have to get them actually get it to Ontario. I really appreciate your offer to help; I am still optimistic that it can be solved very shortly in a (somewhat) friendly manner. I will get back to you if I get no resolution very soon. My big fear now, is even if/when we get it, what would happen if I ever need parts in the future; the machine would sit here for years waiting for them to get around to shipping the parts I order.

201 - 219 of 219 Posts