The Combine Forum banner

101 - 120 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
HA! I did also! I got a good chuckle out of it!! I just thought they were trying to give me a taste of my own medicine as my wife and I called them relentlessly for the last few weeks.

Supposedly getting a cheque early January, they are to be printing it today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

So all you guys who got these emails, please buy something so I can get my money back! lol
Leon s must be in the spirit of giving this holiday season, Its about time, glad to see the grinch will return you money . Leon s reputation is done though. Those emails are probably a last ditch effort to drum up some new business from an unsuspecting poor sap! I did wonder what kind of **** eyed excuse Leon s had to drag on this equipment deal so long . Seems unreal! Least Kevlar you can move on!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
HA! I did also! I got a good chuckle out of it!! I just thought they were trying to give me a taste of my own medicine as my wife and I called them relentlessly for the last few weeks.

Supposedly getting a cheque early January, they are to be printing it today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

So all you guys who got these emails, please buy something so I can get my money back! lol
Why don't they just provide you with the scraper you ordered?????????? I don't get it. They are giving back the money paid for an existing order, then sending out emails soliciting NEW orders?? What's wrong with this picture????

·
Registered
353 Posts
If Leon’s would’ve been smart about this whole thing they’d of made it right off the bat as this thing has been on the forum now for a while. Leon’s customer base isn’t like the Walmart crowd. It’s pretty small to start with and fairly connected. I sadly wonder how many other prairie manufacturers are on the way out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Some of the last responders sound like you really believe the check is in the mail. I don't, I have been down this trail before,not with this company but a person of this low of moral character.Unless you have them pinned to the wall don't ever think you will get the money. Please keep the board here up on this.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
I have a guy that owes me money too. He has a guy that owes him more money and won't pay him. I made a stop to guy number 2's place this morning and got a check and took to guy number one and got my money.

No I know this isn't the same scenario and we're talking less money but sometimes showing up at ones door and getting things straightened out needs to happen. I like to make it as uncomfortable as possible to aid in pressure while not being a total prick. Unfortunately I fear the down turn in the ag sector will cause us to see more of this in the not so distant future.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I have a guy that owes me money too. He has a guy that owes him more money and won't pay him. I made a stop to guy number 2's place this morning and got a check and took to guy number one and got my money.
If you can ask a guy for money in front of his wife that sometimes works when all else has failed. Another trick I learned over the years was to enlist the wife's support. Often she's screening calls so just drag her into the circle by telling her all the details. That doesn't work with a place like Leon's but a secretary can serve the same purpose if you can get her to listen.

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
I'm curious to see if they will be at Ag Days in Brandon this year. I tried to look it up, but couldn't confirm if it was this years list of vendors or last years.
The Ag-Days brochure says they are in Barn 2. All of the forum members should start the show in Barn 2 at the Leon's booth and let's get your credit repayment stroked off the list first thing! That is if the SK members don't secure it for you at the Saskatoon show...

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
The Ag-Days brochure says they are in Barn 2. All of the forum members should start the show in Barn 2 at the Leon's booth and let's get your credit repayment stroked off the list first thing! That is if the SK members don't secure it for you at the Saskatoon show...
That would mean having to leave the beer gardens and wondering around the show? Not sure I’ve ever seen Leon’s there but coulda missed them.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I will be at the Saskatoon show and if I see a Leons booth will be sure to mention Kevlars scraper.

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
I will be mentioning this as well at the Saskatoon show. Hopefully if 20-30 of us walk by and say we will not deal with them unless they clear this up they may actually treat this properly. If you guys in Brandon would be willing to picket their booth with signs we could make it very clear in Saskatoon that if this is not cleared up before the Brandon show this will greatly escalate. This is ridiculous and needs to be cleared up by them. If anyone else is willing to help out in Saskatoon let us know on the forum. We need to come together to get this resolved.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I appreciate the help guys! If you want my info and copies of the sales invoice just PM me. I picked the mail up the other day but never noticed that there was a parcel slip in the mail until I got home with something sent Expresspost, wasn't expecting anything so maybe with some luck it's a cheque!!! Would be a nice way to start the new year!

To pass on some info I learned awhile back but forgot to pass along. I called the Agricultural Implements Act in Saskatchewan awhile back and unfortunately they only deal with equipment that has been DELIVERED and really only enforces warranty and a supply of parts, the gentleman I spoke with was very nice and even called Leon's on my behalf just to put the bug in their ear that people know what's going on.
I contacted the Better Business Bureau and they can't do anything because they won't get involved in a case when a complaintant already has a lawyer involved and only in cases up to 12 months. I found that pretty disappointing for several reasons, but thought the 12 month limit was a pretty short time frame because people like Leon's will drag it on with promises for the first year and then the BBB won't deal with them. Maybe some people would call the BBB instantly when something goes wrong, but I'm a pretty easy going guy who likes to think companies will try do their best to keep a customer happy. In hind site I should have called them immediately but who would call the BBB when you have been told what you bought will be delivered in a few days to a few weeks, at the time you don't think this is really happening and things will get resolved without the run around. A learning experience to say the least. From now on there will be nothing bought on our farm until it's sitting in our yard. It's sad it has to be like that.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I contacted the Better Business Bureau and they can't do anything because they won't get involved in a case when a complaintant already has a lawyer involved and only in cases up to 12 months.
Well THAT is pretty stupid IMO. If anything, it should be the other way around, that they WON'T get involved until AFTER 12 months to give the parties plenty of time to work things out. BTW, even if you DO get a cheque before the Saskatoon show, I will still bring this up if I see them. Nobody should EVER have to go through **** like this.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I appreciate the help guys! If you want my info and copies of the sales invoice just PM me. I picked the mail up the other day but never noticed that there was a parcel slip in the mail until I got home with something sent Expresspost, wasn't expecting anything so maybe with some luck it's a cheque!!! Would be a nice way to start the new year!

To pass on some info I learned awhile back but forgot to pass along. I called the Agricultural Implements Act in Saskatchewan awhile back and unfortunately they only deal with equipment that has been DELIVERED and really only enforces warranty and a supply of parts, the gentleman I spoke with was very nice and even called Leon's on my behalf just to put the bug in their ear that people know what's going on.
I contacted the Better Business Bureau and they can't do anything because they won't get involved in a case when a complaintant already has a lawyer involved and only in cases up to 12 months. I found that pretty disappointing for several reasons, but thought the 12 month limit was a pretty short time frame because people like Leon's will drag it on with promises for the first year and then the BBB won't deal with them. Maybe some people would call the BBB instantly when something goes wrong, but I'm a pretty easy going guy who likes to think companies will try do their best to keep a customer happy. In hind site I should have called them immediately but who would call the BBB when you have been told what you bought will be delivered in a few days to a few weeks, at the time you don't think this is really happening and things will get resolved without the run around. A learning experience to say the least. From now on there will be nothing bought on our farm until it's sitting in our yard. It's sad it has to be like that.
BBB is nothing more than an 80s version of Yelp. They sell subscriptions for ratings. They have no teeth or really any authority other than lowering their rating for a business, and I've heard they are really reluctant to do that as they may lose a subscriber. I'm actually surprised they are still around.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
BBB is nothing more than an 80s version of Yelp. They sell subscriptions for ratings. They have no teeth or really any authority other than lowering their rating for a business, and I've heard they are really reluctant to do that as they may lose a subscriber. I'm actually surprised they are still around.
This is what I have kind of discovered about all these different agencies set up to help consumers, none really have a lot of pull when it comes to actually doing anything to help us out. As usual, and becoming more common every day, all laws are set up to protect the criminals and the victims have to jump through hoops to get anywhere. It would be nice if there was one agency that had the power to completely shut places like this down and freeze their accounts until it gets resolved (would have to be able to prove without the shadow of a doubt they were guilty obviously). A case like mine there should be no doubts what so ever, even though some people here might not believe my side of the story. When I called the Consumer Protection Agency in Saskatchewan a long time ago, the guy said he could call Leon's, but he would just get laughed at (he was quite familiar with them and knew them by first names), my thoughts were "so what is the purpose of your job and this entire agency?"

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
Kevlar have you got your money back? Speaking to our local dealer friend the other day and he is owed for a scraper as well. I think it's important that anyone going to Ag-Days this year mentions this and we get this cleaned up. Farmers gotta stick together.

It was mentioned that if this had been in MB the machinery board would have given rights to you and it likely wouldn't have needed to go this far.

I also hope that the SK guys on this board make a big fuss at the Saskatoon show next week as well.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Kevlar have you got your money back? Speaking to our local dealer friend the other day and he is owed for a scraper as well. I think it's important that anyone going to Ag-Days this year mentions this and we get this cleaned up. Farmers gotta stick together.

It was mentioned that if this had been in MB the machinery board would have given rights to you and it likely wouldn't have needed to go this far.

I also hope that the SK guys on this board make a big fuss at the Saskatoon show next week as well.
So he still hasn't received his other machine yet? Last time I talked to him he had got one back and sounded pretty certain the other was on it's way. I don't want to jinx it, but today is supposed to be the day they wire me the money, but nothing as of yet (11:00 AM).

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
So he still hasn't received his other machine yet? Last time I talked to him he had got one back and sounded pretty certain the other was on it's way. I don't want to jinx it, but today is supposed to be the day they wire me the money, but nothing as of yet (11:00 AM).
I hope you get your money back. And maybe you are lucky if you do. But should you be happy with that as a settlement? Two years ? ago you had a use for a scraper and paid cash for one. You didn't get it so did not get to do the improvements to your land or whatever that were the justification for buying one in the first place. So Leons has used your money for two years to pay for steel or build a new shop. Is that fair??? I am sure, like most of us, you could have used that money over the last couple years to pay a loan or pre buy something and make/save 5% or more on the money. Just a guess but $30,000 at 5% x 2 years = about $3,000 of time value on your money. Why should they get to run a scam of using your money for free? Sounds like it has been working very well for them. Should you expect some compensation from them? Is the scraper that you owned for two years worth more now than two years ago when you bought it from them them??? Just saying. Hope your wire comes through soon.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I dont seem as confident your money is coming back. I hope so the last poster is right the time value of money plus loss of field work is worth a lot. If they are indeed at Ag days in Brandon I would strongly suggest they hire the sports illustrated bikini calender girls to man their booth to avoid a scene! I suspect no employee of importance will have the guts to field any questions of company integrity. Lets see these a holes from Leons sweat a little! Good luck Kevlar

101 - 120 of 219 Posts