The Combine Forum banner

141 - 160 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Great to hear that you’re getting your money back, hope that’s the end of it. Was looking forward to wearing some Leon T-shirts with a bit of advertising for them, guess that will have to wait till another time.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Great to hear that you’re getting your money back, hope that’s the end of it. Was looking forward to wearing some Leon T-shirts with a bit of advertising for them, guess that will have to wait till another time.
9280 might still appreciate the help. My struggles are over but for some it's not. The fight for what's right still needs to go on.

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
I am so glad you got your money. I will still be stopping by their booth. I will be thanking them for clearing this up. I will also mention to them if they want to pull this stunt again they better find a different business because we as farmers will boycott their business till they are out of business.

·
Registered
193 Posts
WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! CHA CHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost don't believe it, but we finally got paid today!!!!!!! After close to 2 and a half years, the money is back in the bank. I'm not going into full detail just yet, but will fill you all in later. I'm going to try help out the others now to hopefully get them their machines or money. Did several things all at once the last bit, so not quite sure which one worked, but at least it worked. I can hopefully get a good nights sleep now, this was really starting to get to me. Thank you everyone for your help and support.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Awesome stuff, Kevlar! And kudos to you for being so patient and methodical in your approach to resolving the issue!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Damn, that's great too hear you got your money back! I didn't think u would.
I'm not sure how they paid you, but if it was with a cheque, it takes about a week to clear. If it bounces, the bank will withdraw the amount from your account and charge YOU a service fee. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Good to hear you got this sorted out Kevlar. But not one little bit of this reflects the least bit positively on Leon's. Sounds like they have quite the collection of a$$hats working there.
I wonder why they didn't deliver the scraper instead.
I have to wonder how many guys are in a similar boat and haven't gotten restitution from Leon's. Just because one guy is looked after does not mean Leon's suddenly came to a realization that ethical business should be the new norm.
But now you have your money back you can look for a real scraper like a converted Cat 70 or similar and save a few bucks in the process.
And for those wondering if you should name names when being royally screwed over by a company I would ask again what benefit it serves anyone to keep it secret.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I have to wonder how many guys are in a similar boat and haven't gotten restitution from Leon's.
I wonder that also, I was just going to ask anyone who is on other farm sites or forums where people might be buying equipment from them to post a link to this thread or start one to let people know what's going on, and if there are some that are having issues if possible pass their info on to me. The more that know the better.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Kevlar I bet your situation is just the tip. Any outfit concerned about their reputation and hopes of fitusales would clear these issues up but apparently they are either really foolish, desperate, or crooked.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I still don't understand why they wouldn't just build your scraper?? They would be further ahead and you would be happy. Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
they have a reputation for being -very- slow with their payments ... and have been put on COD with their steel suppliers ...
i would be -very- careful dealing with them ..

just looked up their BBB rating , lol it's C minus
How do you know about them being on COD with their suppliers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will have to give that a try, that's news to me. Amazing how buying something just even across provincial borders can make legal matters that much more difficult.
Hey Kevlar, I'm a journalist with the Manitoba Co-operator in Manitoba. Would you be open to talking to me? I'm actually writing about Leon's right now. A couple of families in Manitoba have been having a super tough time with them also, and one is currently in a lawsuit with them. [email protected]

141 - 160 of 219 Posts