The Combine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Attempting variable sheave repair for a Claas 590 before spending $5000 plus on a complete new one.
Key broke and wore the shaft a bit. Turning it into a step key.
Looks good.

If I didn't know any better I'd have guessed that was off a TX66. Those variable sheaves have caused me a fair amount of grief.

·
Ken Adams
1,348 Posts
It made it to field for last couple hundred acres of this season!
Half complete - no paint, duels, small tank and many small items.
Used fan from CaseIH 8500 as I did not like the Morris air box.
Trying to locate 24" pipe to make duel adapters, but haven't had any luck locally yet.
Impressed with Morris cab monitor - small, easy to see and use

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
It made it to field for last couple hundred acres of this season!
Half complete - no paint, duels, small tank and many small items.
Used fan from CaseIH 8500 as I did not like the Morris air box.
Trying to locate 24" pipe to make duel adapters, but haven't had any luck locally yet.
Impressed with Morris cab monitor - small, easy to see and use View attachment 159701 View attachment 159702
Looks good. What size of hubs and rubber do you have on the back?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Is there way to have the electric clutch on the shaft on the wheel instead of the way Morris does it. Don’t like the Morris idea of having the chain turning while going down the road
X2

My Morris 7300 has the clutch on the chain and it's a pita pulling that chain every move. My BG 3225 has the clutch on the shaft and I've never pulled the chain or had an issue.

·
Ken Adams
1,348 Posts
I drive the John Blue pump from right hub and seed from left hub - plan is to put electric clutches on both shafts. One of many small things not complete yet!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Looks good.

If I didn't know any better I'd have guessed that was off a TX66. Those variable sheaves have caused me a fair amount of grief.
Hi Dan. Sorry about the thread drift but this was a winter shop project a decade ago! I no longer have my TX66 and have a bunch of these torque sensor parts, one complete custom spring torque sensor. If you would be interested they would be cheap! 780 662 2614

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Why would you take it off for every move?
Because sometimes when I go over about 12 mph I have had the chain come off. Sometimes the chain just comes off and is laying on the road, other times it has mangled the idler setup so I just remove it to save the possible headache.

Maybe mine is just a lemon but at 25 mph that chain is really moving.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Hi Dan. Sorry about the thread drift but this was a winter shop project a decade ago! I no longer have my TX66 and have a bunch of these torque sensor parts, one complete custom spring torque sensor. If you would be interested they would be cheap! 780 662 2614
I think I remember you mentioning you had a spring made to keep the belt tension up at slower cylinder speeds.

I'm definitely interested.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
But I for one would love to see some pics when you resume building your "shop project".
Shop project is coming along nicely. It's finally all insulated and the doors are hung but not yet totally functional.

Because of the storm tonight I decided to put the combines in the shop, and yes it's about big enough. At least it's as big as we can go with the area we have to build in.

The last picture is from earlier this year before the doors were mounted, but shows the long side of the shop and the 20x20 door on each end.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Prairie Steel. They were great to work with. Everything was precision cut and welded and with the help of a contractor friend's crew we set it up with a couple of scissor lifts and an industrial telehandler. Everything just dropped into place with very little spud bar action. Was pretty remarkable that everything lined up so well! Praire Steel provided detailed instructions and guidance, and were happy to take our phone calls as we were building it and needed clarifications. We've got nothing but good things to say about them. The nice thing about their design is that the I-beams in the walls are completely inside the walls, and don't stick into the building at all. The trussed roof means the walls are vertically loaded only. It's nice and strong too. Even with the long part of the wall being 100', with the roof on it, it hardly moves in the wind.

It's an open truss design, so when the interior liner is put in, the trusses will be visible still, which will give it quite an airy, open feeling. We plan to put a giant fan just below the trusses. Like 18' diameter! They are called HVLS fans.

We're very nerdy types around here, and this shop project was an excuse to spend a few thousand on a virtual reality rig. My brother modeled the shop in Sketchup and then look at in virtual reality. It's really cool now to stand in the real shop and everything looks exactly like we expect, because we've seen in VR many times. In fact I'd say the VR rig payed for itself in helping us plan this shop, and also a house, and some renovations. Really let us play around with the layout, look at different door designs, heights, etc. No surprises!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Because sometimes when I go over about 12 mph I have had the chain come off. Sometimes the chain just comes off and is laying on the road, other times it has mangled the idler setup so I just remove it to save the possible headache.

Maybe mine is just a lemon but at 25 mph that chain is really moving.
25 mph! Your braver then I am.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
This was yesterday's project.

Needed some more flotation for the Spra-coupe. Got a quote for a set of spacer spools and dual rims ($6k) and a set of clamp on duals ($3800). Kicker was they were 2-3 weeks out. And I'd need tires to boot

Looked on kijiji and found a set of duals and spacer spools off a JD 47xx. Only catch was the spools were too long and a 10 on 13.25" bolt pattern. My sprayer is a 8 on 10.875".

Cut the spools to length then drilled and welded in a new plate to fit the sprayer bolt pattern. Went with 22" wheel spacing to match the planter.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Yes that complete torque sensor with the heavier custom spring is in the plastic bag in the first pic.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts