The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. New to this forum. 2nd year running a 50ft Morris Max II drill. I grew mustard this year and it really exposed a couple sections seeding deeper than the rest. Looks awful and will end up losing me a substantial amout of yield. I was just wondering if anybody knows of any Morris dealers that have guys to come out and level this machine? I live in SW Sask. Also wondering if anybody is running a 50ft Max III with 10in spacing double shoot. I was thinking about trading the drill but keeping the tank. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check your bushings and bolts on the packers. Every 5,000 + or -. these should be checked and worn ones changed. That is likely why you have one or two sections deeper. When they are worn they go really fast.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Unless your ground is really flat a max 2 is better than a 3. Just start from centre section and work your way out takes about half of day to get it pretty close. The 50' are a little tricky because the outside wing is not that heavy and sometimes a little tough to get end shank to stay in ground as deep as rest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts