The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 6600 a while back the header sits lower on the left side. when raising the right cylinder tops out an inch before the left one, when both are at top it is level . when lowering the left cylinder goes down an inch before the right one ever moves, the feeder house has no apparent buckles or creases in it, that would normally show with a twisted feeder house. everything seems to be in real good shape with normal wear on pins etc. the fella i bought it from said it was that way when he bought it 10 yrs ago they ran a weight on the high side.... any ideas besides a twisted feeder house?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I think it may be that way from the factory, because I was lifting a 7700 feederhouse a while back we had on trade in and it lifted the same way.

·
Registered
271 Posts
under the knuckle the the header rests on top take the two blots out and cut you a shim,drill holes in it and bolt it down.a half inch shim there makes alot of difference.also check top shaft bearing holder bolts have had them break.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Longshot1960, set the header down on a 4x4 on the left end, loosen hardware on the right side of feederhouse[where the slots are]move the only eye bolt till feederhouse is level, retighten all bolts, caution this is a trial and error adjustment, but this is the way all 00and 20 series are leveled side to side. Deerefever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like the have it ran to the stops on the adjuster on the right side if they didnt go the wrong way with it,, will check it out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts