The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been discused before and I've read through the manual but I'd just like to try and confirm a couple of things before I go to town adjusting things.

I just replaced the concave hanger shaft on the right hand side of this combine as the old pipe was bent. Little surprised it had a pipe but anyways.

Reading through the manual what I've come up with is level front to back first and zero the concaves. Then proced to side to side. That's where it gets a bit sketchy for me. They talk about the 8th concave bar. I'm assuming that means the bars that the wires run thourgh. Do you count from the top of the extensions though or from the bottom of the extension. There again I assume the top.

Concaves aren't the greatest of shape in it. There's still abouy 3/16" of bar left but they're getting pretty rounded. Just trying to improve thrashing in wheat. It's our second year this year with it so still learning as we go.

Any tips, tricks or settings are appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talked to my dealer yesterday and got a few things straightened out. Owners manual was telling me to do things that didn't make sense. Like lower the concaves to position number 3 to set the pinch point. And leave the clamping pipe loose. Things that I thought were counter productive but had no one to verify for sure.

Was messing around with it last night and had it close. It's odd though there's only one set of rub bars front and back that hit. Don't see any signs if shims but I suppose they're covered up too. So far haven't been able to get the pinch point set exact. It's rubbing on 3 or 4 bars as it goes around. I suspect the concaves may be tweaked a little as well. Front concaves worn enough that the interrupt or bars are hitting before the concave bars.

Thanks CRToney. I had found that page the other night while searching after I had posted this.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Interrupter bars like to go MIA and damage things on their way out. I find cover plates are easier to install/remove and don't fall out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip. Had them close to level and decided to swap out the left hand concave hanger as well as it had a bit of a bend in it as well. New updated vs again. New one is a fair bit beefier. Cage has a slight bow to it as well but very little. Rotor is good. With a little luck and a touch of cooler weather I'll hopefully have it all buttoned back up tomorrow. Then onto the hydro input shaft and coupler. After that the first combine should hopefully be done. See what surprises we've got in the ol massey.lol.. It should be pretty good hopefully. Harvest is creeping close so gotta get things wraped up. 2 weeks and the swathers will probably be running.

Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.