The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with my upper sieve adjustment. I can adjust the sieve from the cab, but it's not telling me what position it's in. Its either always at 20 or 0. Before I buy a new motor I'd like to figure out if there's something else I should be looking into.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Definitely try the short cable between the sieve motor and to where it connects on the side of the combine. 90% of the time it’s usually that. Over time from the constant motion the wires can crack and for a while make intermittent connection till it finally completely looses connection.

·
Registered
562 Posts
This cable is just a push pull cable? If the motor is moving the sieve I don’t think it would be that. The sensor is built into the motor that tells you how wide open the sieves are. I think it would be that.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Oooof, I forgot the very early ones had the sieve motors remote mounted on the side panel and used and actual push pull cable. If it’s that setup it’s obviously not the cable. Then its likely the potentiometer in the motor but definitely worth while playing with the connection and cleaning it.
The later ones used a sieve motor mounted to the sieves and an electrical wire between it and the side of the combine and with the rocking motion over time that wire is prone to failing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts