The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just wanna know if any of you harvested next to a Lexion. Heard it is a very high capacity combine-forget about dealers,price,etc. At the end I want a machine that can do the job fast , clean and effective.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give more info on how you got more than the Lexion. Some say the 7010 is a glorified 2399. I have a 2399 and want to replace it. It just seems like Case got stuck on old techno. I eas always a big fan of the single rotor, but lately I am very impressed with the HY-BRED System on the Lexion 570R. I don't want to make a sentimental decission just because i like Axial-Flow.The Rotor-loss on a rotor combine is very high as a result of one system that must both thresh and seperate with one rotor, same concave diam. and the same speed - be realistic !!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Trust me it is possible depends who is working on it of cause. but generally in terms of capacity biggest competitor would be CR. I would be very happy to get a chance to put them in one field
. Last year we did it with 2388 vs lexion 560

May be I did spend to much time in the states and I'm thinking American way but I prefer to keep it simple

Seriously (sentiments out) the capacity of cross flow combine is limited by the width of threasing drum. Yes Lexion has widest in the market 1,7m but this is it no more rum to mace it bigger. Two axial flow rotors could have more capacity but system is more complicated

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are very spot on - the driver make a big difference! I bleed red (2388 combine of the century!). I think in europe with a lot of dry material they prefere the Hy-bred Lexion above the single rotor (I think seperation is the big thing).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes it is Axial flow was not wery popular until now. Last few years AF geting more and more popular Xclusyve rotor did the job
hope ST will be even better

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I honestly think there is a place and conditions for every system, but next to Case i will take the Lexion any time!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Was it an early 580 because they were lacking cleaning capacity this warning came from our dealer the newer ones has similar to 600 cleaning ability and i would like to see a 7010 kill that without wayyy to much grain loss.

Bo

·
Registered
105 Posts
We have several farmers around here that run them and really like them. These guys seem to trade them every two or so years when they start having mechanical problems that are expensive to fix. I think they take a beating on the used trade price.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well it is not a gladiators fight, it is nor about who has bigger ....

it is more about "know how" how to get max from threasing/separating with out overloading cleaning with MOG.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts