The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, having trouble working out how to stop the reel hight sensor from constantly going off,I realise that the Midwest front doesn't have one so that's the cause of the alarm ,I just need to silence the alarm before I lose my sanity, can this be done in cebis or can I jack a plug or something?馃槧馃槧

Registered
Do you mean when you its going off when you shut the separator off, or is it a constant thing?
If its when the separator is shut off the dealer told me thats something you`ll just have to live with.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Darcy, that did work but now I've lost auto reel speed....still for now it's a great improvement 馃嵒

Registered
Claas or Headsight might know what pins are on the multilink for auto reel height. Maybe a resistor or something could be installed to trick the combine into thinking it sees a sensor.

If there isn't a simple fix, the next simpliest might be to just install a Claas sensor on the reel arm to give it an reel height. You might find it very useful.

Registered
Cheers Darcy, that did work but now I've lost auto reel speed....still for now it's a great improvement 🍻
I would try to just relearn the header and see if that fixes it. I had a weird thing happened on a 570 one time with the reel speed and the relearn fixed it

Registered
The Midwest should have a Claas position sensor on the reel arm if it was originally built to suit a Claas, considering that your auto reel speed was working before you shut it down tells me that it is set up with Claas sensors, It should be the same position sensor on your reel arm as it is on the combine feeder house, you could swap them to see if it is a sensor issue or if it's a wiring issue somewhere. Cheers
Good luck

Premium Member
If you have a claas reel speed sensor you should not have lost the auto reel speed feature. On one of my Macdon headers I bought this past year I did not have auto real speed and it turns out the dealer forgot to change from the John Deere real speed sensor to the Lexion. Once we put in the right sensor everything worked.

Registered
If you have a claas reel speed sensor you should not have lost the auto reel speed feature. On one of my Macdon headers I bought this past year I did not have auto real speed and it turns out the dealer forgot to change from the John Deere real speed sensor to the Lexion. Once we put in the right sensor everything worked.
I'm pretty sure he only lost the auto reel function when he turned off his auto reel function in cebis to get rid of the alarm for reel position error

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks very much for all your input everyone , foynd the problem , it appears that there was once a reel lift sensor on it,found unused wiring and followed it back along the platform to the coupler on the broad elevator undid the plug and it was full of water ....fixed

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Well a year later I'll finish this stream, kept having trouble until we tricked cebis into thinking the sensor was there by mounting a dummy sensor on the front, set in halfway position, so Seedcleaner was spot on weth resistor idea !
Cheers mate馃憤

1 - 13 of 13 Posts