The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
harvest wheat, sunflower, corn, canola, and soybeans, 70% wheat about 5500 acres in western north Dakota fairly dry. heard 8120 can load one side of sieve wondering if true and if the 9070 will to also. Which on will thrash tough wheat better What to buy???

·
Registered
463 Posts
Who ever told you that. Doesnt know what they are talking about. The sieves can be tilted to compensate for the over loading of a side. Usually the tilting is only needed in good corn over 150 bushel.
You can get hard threshing modules (concaves) for the 8120.
It is up to you if you want two rotors or one, more belts (9070) or fewer belts (8120).
Keep asking questions. Will help you buy the right one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
325mag is right, the seives compensate for the grade you are on. but he is right about less belts on the case. i would go with the case personally.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I combined 10,000 plus acres of those crops per year with an 04 8010 in western ND until upgraded to 9120 this year. If you have your grain handling needs set up it will handle that load quite well. We really had fire problems in sunflowers with it, but I think you will with any modern high horsepower machine as the exhaust components run way to hot. We had more this year with the 9120.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts