The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Does anyone know the speed of the drive shafts on a fixed speed feederhouse on a 760? I need to adapt a jd 930 sunflower header to the lexion but need to be sure of the shaft speeds first.
On my tach it shows a speed of 430 rpm. sorry my combine is the 590r but i'm quite sure its the same for the 760

·
Super Moderator
5,054 Posts
On my tach it shows a speed of 430 rpm. sorry my combine is the 590r but i'm quite sure its the same for the 760
It does Brian but the problem is that's not the feeder driveshaft, it's an upstream shaft. When everyone else measures it (logically) at the PTO connection point what a idiotic place to measure the speed!:rolleyes:

Yes, the 590 and 760 are the same and it's about 760 rpm at the feeder driveshaft.

For some daily trivia, Claas and Gleaner are about the same and they are the highest speeds in the industry.:)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
It does Brian but the problem is that's not the feeder driveshaft, it's an upstream shaft. When everyone else measures it (logically) at the PTO connection point what a idiotic place to measure the speed!:rolleyes:

Yes, the 590 and 760 are the same and it's about 760 rpm at the feeder driveshaft.

For some daily trivia, Claas and Gleaner are about the same and they are the highest speeds in the industry.:)
That seems odd because when we bought a corn head and put it on the lexion the head was running way too slow. It had jd gears in it. We had to change the gears in the head to make it run faster because the feeder house turned too slow.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I did it to get the snapping rolls to run 750rpm because I have a set of calmers by choppers and I went thru this deal on an 893 on my old 485 back in the day trust me it makes one he'll of a diffrence in the job it does on residue and believe it or not it doesn't butt she'll as bad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.