The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get my Ahhc to work properly. I know it’s a average at best on the 500 series, but has worked better in the past. On my Cebis it only acknowledges it when the gauge on the macdon is at 4. I get very little volts out of the potentiometer on the macdon but not exactly sure which wire I am supposed to be going to as there are three. I get no volts when I unplug it out of the potentiometer. I have moved the potentiometer to try to raise the voltage per the manual with no improvement.
Any thoughts?

580r - macdon fd-75

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Does it use a cable? Does the cable/indicator move smoothly and correspond to header ground pressure? Three wires, likely one is 12 volt, or 5, the other a ground, the third is the signal wire going back to combine to tell it where the pot is.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
See attached. 12V on the Orange wire, Ground on Black. If you have those, and the signal wire (green) is not changing much, you have a sensor or linkage problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
B9179CE0-AD9E-4FA9-A637-B6250A4612B9.jpeg

Well I found the issue why I did not have the combine power, but now I don’t get an “outgoing signal”. Is it possible I could also have a bad potentiometer? Can I use any of the other ones on the combine (feeder house height, header speed) to swap it out?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Yes, macdon did use a Claas pot on the headers. It likely could be swapped, but I bet that isn't the issue, could be though.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Headsight makes a lateral tilt kit for the macdon. It uses a left and right sensor so it enables hydraulic tilt in the combine automatically (like macdon should have made from the beginning). A great benefit to this on a Lexion is with this kit, the combine does not use the Macdon heigh sensor setup, or those pesky cables that control the sensor that so often fail.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If you have 12V & ground at the sensor, but no variying voltage out as you mover the arm....yes, bad pot (or shorted output wire)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts