The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the ol JD 9610 is getting a little tired, have a JD T670 but not much of an improvement over the 9610. So going out on a limb and looking at Lexion's, don't have much of a dealer here but I keep hearing what great machines they are. My main concern is that we are always off the beaten path when it comes to crops, our main crop is Alfalfa Seed, defoliated, straw is always green and wet. Chaff is usually dry or semi dry with lots of MOG on the chaffers. Pods are always tough to rub out. One other guy in the valley has a lexion in A. Seed and he is pleased with it I think, its a walker machine.

So my main question is what do you think the Lexion's with the dual rotary cylinders would do in these conditions? Is it worth looking at one or just sticking with the walkers? Biggest problem is going to be getting one to demo the dealer doesn't stock any combines. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Nothing beats a walker for throwing grain out the back in tough straw. We can combine till you can ring water out of the straw with our rotor machines and still surprisingly throw little grain over.

Lexion's have been great machines for us but if the local dealer can't offer a demo I have a hard time recommending them.

·
Premium Member
6,157 Posts
If the straw is still green when combining the green juice likly will plug up the rotor grates which is a big job to unplug. We have plugged them in green stem lentils. This is why you may want to go with a walker machine. I woul not buy a lexion unless you have a dealer close to support you.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it seems that the dealer situation has changed quite a bit here. CAT is out and another well established dealer has taken over that is actually STOCKING combines! I just about fell over..............Also it seems another Alfalfa Seed grower here is running one of the hybrids and loves it, a 760 I think? Will definitely put lexion on the radar for us as I'm sick of dealing with JD that keeps taking two steps forward and 3 steps back. Sort of like putting a return system on a T670 that was standard equipment on a 6600 JD from 1970 :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.