The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Hadn't heard the surfactant issue before. There must be some reason though. I mean we are dealing with 360g, 500g, 540g, 356g, 450g, 480g (did I miss any??) with glyphosate, so I'm pretty sure that everyone could figure out the rates for 150g vs 200g Liberty!

Here's another one for ya: "Good Harvest" from FNA is the same 150g/L active as Liberty. Can it be used on LL canola? What's the cost?

Flashback: Who remembers "Harvest" desicant from the pre-LL days? Same active. In fact, when LL canola was released, some of that Harvest was repackaged as Liberty.

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
5,152 Posts
Flashback: Who remembers "Harvest" desicant from the pre-LL days? Same active. In fact, when LL canola was released, some of that Harvest was repackaged as Liberty.
I do.:)
Must be a reason that registration was pulled.:confused:

As to Good Harvest, I believe it costs more than Liberty.:eek:
I think it's billed as a Reglone replacement.

And another thing, what would be wrong with, say, 800gm/L?:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
From what I recall the 200sn was for LL corn. Couldn't tell you why it can't be used on canola. Don is right about Good Harvest being a cheaper alternative to Reglone. I don't think they will price it against Liberty because of the LTA agreements.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Yes, Liberty 200SN is for corn.
Yes, Liberty 150SN is for canola.
Yes, Good Harvest is a pre-harvest desicant.
And yet, they all have the same active ingredient!

And another thing, what would be wrong with, say, 800gm/L?:)
Personally, I'd like 2025g/L.......(100ac/fill)*(1.35L/ac)*(150g/L)/(10L/jug). Or at least 2025g/case....

Andrew

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm....maybe the surfactant is different...there had to be something. I have a jug of 200sn in the shop from when we were growing double stacked corn, been tempted to try it on a patch of canola somewhere, too late now though....and I don't like rinsing the sprayer that much to be experimenting. �� thought it would be easier to ask.

·
Registered
15 Posts
150 formulation has too much surfactant in it to be used in corn will cause significant burning on leaves. 200 formulation would need more surfactant added to be as effective as 150 formulation. Same active in both, 200 can be used in canola just isn't as effective.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I remember bayer rep said the wish that it could be used on canola as it would decrease the transportation,storage room etc .I also wish they could get an agreement and reg to add accord in with liberty for the cleavers and other broadleaves cant even get it in Canada anymore but used it years ago and worked good

·
Registered
790 Posts
I learned an expensive lesson once....the local fert dealer that we dealt with came out and sprayed 120ac of Liberty corn for me....he had never heard of 200 Liberty so he sprayed 150 on my crop. It wilted up my corn and stunted it so bad that it only yeilded about 7 ton/ac of silage. No apology....no money back....no more dealing with that company!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.