The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 8960 John Deere 4WD needs a hyd line replaced under the cab, what is the best way to lift that cab? What is the proper way to do that? I think there are spots under the plastic top of the cab for lifting the cab but I’m not sure.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
You absolutely can’t get to it? We’ve changed a lot of lines and haven’t had to lift the cab yet. Not saying there isn’t one but DAMN!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You absolutely can’t get to it? We’ve changed a lot of lines and haven’t had to lift the cab yet. Not saying there isn’t one but DAMN!
Yes I think it is possible to do it without lifting the cab but the line is right under the cab right on top of the hyd pump and an extra 4-6 inches of room under there would be awesome to get wrenches in.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Is there bolts on the top of the cabs like the 40 and 50 series? Take those bolts out and attach lifting eyes to those spots

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Are there any inspection plates under the floor mat that can grant access to the hoses under the cab? I know on more recent model years (last 15 years or so) there are.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We had fire on 8970 and burnt the clutch cable we took the fuel tank off the left side of the machine. It wasn’t too bad a job. Used the skid steer with forks To support it. Had room to get at hoses. Don’t know if that would give enough room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts