The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the Lincoln Auto Greasers? I am getting one with my new 760. I was wondering how the reliability is with them. Hopefully it is better than their electric grease guns.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
There was one on the 770 I demo'd last fall. I guess it worked good but how would you know. The problem with them is all the hard to get nipples still need to be done with a grease gun anyways. I agree lincoln grease guns suck. After breaking mine I bought a cheap one from princess auto $139 and it's twice the gun the lincoln is.

·
Registered
477 Posts
1 of my new 750 lexions also has Lincoln greaser. I'm interested if their are any issues to watch or manage? Harvest won't start for me till early Aug. haven't used it yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Advantage of the Lincoln is that you are constantly supplying grease while the machine is running and hot...flows much better though if you are good about greasing you shouldn't have a clogged one with out the auto lube. I think it's about a $9k upgrade

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I would think its better because its a steady flow of grease vs forcing it in every time with a gun. Less likely to over grease.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
They work great, only thing is if a line comes off where it can't be seen, or a line gets plugged (which does happen) you won't know it until the bearing fails. They don't constantly feed grease, you set the time interval for each cycle and how long the greaser runs at each interval.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
9000 bucks seems like a lot of money that could be saved with a little time and effort with a grease gun. Do you really think a daily feed of grease automatically makes the bearings last noticeably longer?
Yes 9k is a lot of money, but at least if everything is working properly you know that things are getting greased.

Does Deere offer this option?

·
Administrator
723 Posts
I don't see it as an option on their configurator

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
We havent quite answered the question... but as anyone ever taken a bearing out after an overly long period of time to see the wear with the auto lube vs. Regular human greasing. Or once every day ect...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts