The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,003 Posts
WHEN?????
11 coming to Alberta this fall, a friend of mine getting one. No chance for comparison, he's 220 km away.
I don't know if New Holland markets the CX series in US but in Canada CX's have kinda taken over what's left of the conventional market.
I think this is a effort to stop the bleeding.
It would be interesting to see a straw quality comparison between T670, CX, and Lexion.
I doubt there would be much difference between those 3.

Don

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
T670
9770sts

There is also a T680, T670, T660 and you get the idea. I have heard that it is rumored that a T680 will hang with very easily a 9870sts in small grains, but in corn it's no comparison the STS wins everyday.

Perhaps someone with more light can shine on this

I have also heard that there will only be 50 units sold in North America as Deere doesn't think there is a market for these. The guys I had at intro with me said, oh it's just a 7720 with a new cab, they didn't know half the story. In small grains & damp conditions I'm taking the T680 over the 9870sts.

·
Super Moderator
4,003 Posts
Those specs on the shoe are useless (wonder if that's intentional?) but it couldn't help but have more area then a 9870. I'd put my money on the 670 in that match in canola, probably in wheat too. Barley would probably go the other way, hard to say on peas. My friend up north will be running it beside 9870's.
Will be interesting.

Don

·
Registered
342 Posts
I didn't know a 400 hp combine was for small farms. Hate to think what the big farms use. If you read the specs the smallest in the T series is 290 hp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts