The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
My neighbor has a track loader. I am considering buying it to move dirt and rocks in places. It is not a farm loader it is an industrial loader that is built with the tractor. I will guess it is a CAT 941. I will guess this is not what you are talking about? Read it again, nope, I have not seen something like a Cat 35 with a loader.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
I always wanted to buy a Deere 8400 with a wore out under carriage, put tires on the rear and caster wheels on the front. Thought it would make a great baler tractor and loader tractor. I think mounting one on a Deere would be easy but I think the front of the tracks may be too far back. I have seen in tractor house recently a cat 35 with a loader

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Yes, there are a few cattle guys here that have gone to payloaders in the corrals for feeding. Their logic is that payloaders are built to lift heavy vs a farm tractor which is adapted to lift and then gets beat up! However, most of them agree that spring thaw (ie mud) is not the best place for them!

Andrew

·
Registered
420 Posts
Utterly worthless post.
I do a lot of loader work and have had a brand new loader tractor as a replacement while someone else had to use the JCB 525-58 that I was really busy with. The loader tractor had 10% more power and bigger wheels and was utter crap in every way for loading. Loader tractors are next to worthless and I doubt putting a loader on a tracked version of the same tractor would make it any less useless.

I'll go as far to say that if you got the biggest row crop tractor available today as of 24th December 2014 and I used our 2007 100hp Manitou 731LSU to do the same work that the Manitou would blow the tractor into the weeds.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I do a lot of loader work and have had a brand new loader tractor as a replacement while someone else had to use the JCB 525-58 that I was really busy with. The loader tractor had 10% more power and bigger wheels and was utter crap in every way for loading. Loader tractors are next to worthless and I doubt putting a loader on a tracked version of the same tractor would make it any less useless.

I'll go as far to say that if you got the biggest row crop tractor available today as of 24th December 2014 and I used our 2007 100hp Manitou 731LSU to do the same work that the Manitou would blow the tractor into the weeds.
I will concede that for certain applications a telehandler would be far superior compared to a loader tractor. However to state that a telehandler will out work a loader in every condition is idiotic.

I don't know how you could possibly make any form of an relevant comparison between the two when you yourself stated that you haven't ran a loader in 15 years, only to contradict yourself later. I guess sometimes it easier to make up the facts to support your biased opinion.

But I do realize that you are of the type that thinks whatever the boss has and lets you run is the best thing on the planet, and that is great, at least you enjoy your job. On the same note you have to realize that different conditions and different areas dictate different machines. I know you will probably never grasp that and continue to dwell in your little euphoria, so enjoy the telehandler.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I will concede that for certain applications a telehandler would be far superior compared to a loader tractor. However to state that a telehandler will out work a loader in every condition is idiotic.

I don't know how you could possibly make any form of an relevant comparison between the two when you yourself stated that you haven't ran a loader in 15 years, only to contradict yourself later. I guess sometimes it easier to make up the facts to support your biased opinion.

But I do realize that you are of the type that thinks whatever the boss has and lets you run is the best thing on the planet, and that is great, at least you enjoy your job. On the same note you have to realize that different conditions and different areas dictate different machines. I know you will probably never grasp that and continue to dwell in your little euphoria, so enjoy the telehandler.:rolleyes:
Good reply.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
They're a 20 ply rating L-2 tire. Only complaint is they develop "flat spots" after sitting overnight. Only notice it if you head off down the pavement first thing. They disappear after half a mile or so. Don't notice it around the yard. Made a whole new machine out of this loader. And way cheaper than skidder tires and new rims.

ATG - Alliance Tire Group

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.