The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who is running a set of super b Doepker Legacy aluminum trailers and how do you load them according to the air scales. Pulling with International 9900 I trucks. Loaded in Alberta at 63,500 kg.

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just wondering who is running a set of super b Doepker Legacy aluminum trailers and how do you load them according to the air scales. Pulling with International 9900 I trucks. Loaded in Alberta at 63,500 kg.
You could load it the first time with a grain cart with scales, put in whatever you need in each compartment 1 at a time, and read pressures

·
Registered
869 Posts
Fill first hopper till truck is at 60 psi fill second hopper till bridge says 40 psi at this time truck will be at 70 psi. Fill third hopper till the bridge says 60 psi. Fill last /4th hopper to 70-72psi on the back axels at this time the bridge will say 70 psi too. and she's a perfect 63500 load. Sometimes.

Usually I try to get about 70 psi on all three gauges.
I don't understand how some trucker have such a hard time loading thier trailers it's like a major undertaking every time. Fill this hopper the the back one then top up the front on then put a little more on the bridge it's really annoying. Sorry about the rant hope that gets you started.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Our truck is a freightliner Columbia 46000 rears and a 2010 legacy aluminum super b with lift axels. Empty weight is around 18,800 with no mud or snow on it. FYI

My above comment was directed at the guys that drive every day for years and still have loading issues not the new guys. It took about a year of experience for me to get real comfortable loading.

·
Registered
537 Posts
What about fertilizer loading by the tonne on these Legacy’s, can you go equal 11T, 11T, 11T, 11T load pattern and be ok for axle group weights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
With my 379 Pete and legacy’s I load 10,11,11,12.5. Anything more than 10t in the front hopper and I am over on the drives. Air gauges will read 82, 72, and 80 on the back

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sorry a little off topic, but Have any of you guys noticed the damage the elevator grain probes are doing to the inside slope panels on an aluminum grain trailer or steel trailer for that matter? Noticed mine and neighbours with several dents from the inside on the front and back slopes. I don't know why they have to push that darn probe right to the bottom of our trailers with such force. any one else notice this? Maybe I am fussy but tics me off when you pay big bucks for a trailer.

·
Registered
537 Posts
With my 379 Pete and legacy’s I load 10,11,11,12.5. Anything more than 10t in the front hopper and I am over on the drives. Air gauges will read 82, 72, and 80 on the back
I think heavy on the drives because of the 30” kingpin setting on the Legacy’s.
Yes those probes are frustrating, too bad no recourse for damages.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Just remind the operator politely where your gonna stick the probe next time they hit the slope on your trailer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts