The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
their is a pin you slide in the back of the float linkage then you let it down on them and slide a smaller pin in on the top. been 20+ years sense I done it but I'm close. do you have a book?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will add image if needed.

I just combined for my first time ever today in southwest missouri, 17 year old kid, and my dad and I have spent a good few months working on getting a 1460 and 820 header into operating condition, and everything seems to be going well however I combined about 14 acres today with a slight bow in the cutterbar and the header, 820, is not locked in the rigid position.

Both dad and I have spent a good hour or more trying to figure out how to lock the darn thing, and im sure its easy. We tried adjusting the springs, tightening a bold that goes through the suspension arms of the header which we figured would prevent it from rocking, but they are nearly impossible to get to and that does not seem to be a reasonable way to do something that should be closer to an easy task.

If anybody can direct me through this daunting task with as much detail as possible with the "for dummies" attitude I would appreciate it tremendiously.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunatly I do not, only a book on the combine itself.

Do you happen to remember if all the pens are there already on the header? or do I need to get some of my own?

I will try my best to get a picture tomorrow and put it on here so hopefully it will be easier to identify what I need to do.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I have a book after thinking more about it theirs a small pin that goes in with it up a big pin with it down they wedge the linkage in the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts