The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are putting a new 9 bar narrow wire loewen concave in our M3 and would like some advice on the initial set up with respect to the number of filler plates to use and/or wires to remove.
We harvest wheat, soybeans and corn.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
597 Posts
We have run L-2's & 3's for years in wheat and never used filler plates or modified the wire setup. Just made sure our rasp bars were in top shape and run with near zero clearance. No experience in beans or corn...

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have an '87 L3 and installed a new 9 bar concave in it. As for the filler plates, we simply can't thresh corn with-out them, too much cob breakage (D**n soft pink,flex ear cobs!) and kernal damage to get the corn off). We remove the plates for wheat and beans. This REALLY wakes up the separator, much less power requirements and much smoother operation. I think you'll find this extended concave will definately add some capacity, especially in corn.We didn't remove any wires from the concave, although I know of some that have. BTW we also have wide spaced, tall rasp bars, haven't seen a green stem bean we couldn't run since. I believe the bars are from a guy in Seymour , In named Trimpe(spelling ?).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts