The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the photos today, you think they could have given it different panels. although i like the look, those panels have been used since 92. I can hear the Deere and Case guys laughing already.

·
Registered
101 Posts
All the pictures on the e-mails are linked to the website so I included one here. Personally I'm glad they kept the sheet metal. Those plastic panels on other combines can take a hike. We aren't harvesting with Saturns here.

According to the e-mail, there WILL NOT be any black production combines! Such a shame.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
it should hold close to 390 bushels with new hopper extensions. i noticed it has 4 chain feeder chain, is it a one piece slat on chain? kinda looks nice black

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Harvest Crew,

I could be wrong but,

I think Gleaner choosing sheet metal sides is great. And the form of the sides is about right.

I may be making an "emperor has no clothes" statement here but I think the plastic sided machines look more than a little cheap.

That being said, I could easily overlook plastic sides for superior performance, as the overall look of a machine is of little importance to me. Farm equipment is just an other tool and the better the tool acomplishes its task the higher I rank it; as simple as that. You are welcome to help me understand how plastic sides will get me more grain in the task or less fuel used or greater capacity through the machine or reduced maintanence.

I do not buy any farm machine on looks. I do not wish to go out to my shop on a cold day in the winter and warm up byadmiring my combine's smooth, flowing plastic lines. This is North American agriculture, not a Paris fashion show. Help me out guys, do some real red blooded, dirt on their hands farmers really think this prissy way?

Also, who cares that the "Deere and Case guys are already laughing" what difference does it make what they think about a prototype's sheet metal. (Consider this, maybe some of them wish they could order sheet metal sides.)

Don't get me wrong, everyone is free to base their combine purchase on how cute it is. Perhaps my problem may be never having enough liquid assets to even consider asthetic parameters when purchasing a tool.

I will be looking closely at the SUPER 7's infield and reliability performance and judge only on those merits. I will reserve beauty for "the finer things in life".

Tell me where I am wrong.

Zinc

·
Registered
903 Posts
Going with the black color could have gave them the image change they need but they would have probably had the orange guys in an uproar again. Personally I would take mine in black that thing looks sweet; maybe by the time they get it this far north the'll be ready to sell it?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
time will tell, lets see what she does, have to agree it looks like darth vader, lets see what results are before rumping on bandwagon, scott.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will always be a fan of a 69 charger body style, the same as I will always be a fan of the Gleaner R styling and sheet metal. Nothing has ever screamed "I'm Badass" more to me than these short and wide silver seeders. I am having a hard time to decide on a change back to conventional or a diffrent brand because I love my R's styling so much. Not everyone wants the high priced plastic.

·
Registered
528 Posts
ok why does gleaner make such small feeder houses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they look like nice combines but man looks like it would plug alot in beans

·
Registered
245 Posts
Let’s go ahead and put this old wives tale to rest.
The width of the feeder house is only as good as the width that feeds the rotor. The Gleaner is the only combine that does not shrink, compress or shift the direction of the crop mat as it travels from header to rotor. Sure, that Deere looks like it has one big mouth but you need to know it does not have a stomach that matches. And while Deere and Case combines have to stuff the crop into the rotor by means of a beater or similar system, the Gleaner pulls the crop and controls it all the way through the processor.
You’ll get to see the Super Seven in action and you’ll see exactly what I’m talking about. Controlled feeding. Crop that is pulled instead of pushed. 360 degree threshing without destroying grain quality in the process. A cleaning system that does most of its work in mid air which results in a needing a smaller show and significantly less loss in all crops.
A combine that does all work without all the fuel, weight and loss.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Not true! No wives tale about it. And, the intent of the optional Case "rock-trap" beater is not primarily for just feeding the rotor.

A LEXION combine, which to me is the benchmark by which all other combines should be judged for their performance, maintains its material flow the same width as the feederhouse all the way through threshing. It's concaves are virtually concentric from front to back (not to mention also load sensing to avoid any risk) so that there is no pinch point to cause undue damage like all other axial, twin, transverse and cylinder type combines. Only as it enters the twin separation rotors does it get divided equally in to two swaths. I do not consider material that enters the right end of a rotor and makes a 90-degree change of direction to spiral through threshing and separation just to make another 90-degree change of direction upon exit via the left end "natural flow," as much as I do "harsh flow." A combine with greater feeding, threshing and separation displacement is likely to be more gentle on the crop, ultimately requiring the potential for lower operating speeds to feed and process and ultimately have more throughput capacity.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I thought it was the aspirator that made it sound as though it were trying to be a badass? Anyone can put a train horn on a Pinto and make it scream like a badass.

·
Registered
592 Posts
ummmmm Muddy.... i think gleanersuper7 is talking about rotors. when talking about the throat. not conventionals. And yes I do consider the lexion a conventional... with a rotor aftertreatment.

·
Registered
592 Posts
ummmmm Muddy.... i think gleanersuper7 is talking about rotors. when talking about the throat. not conventionals. And yes I do consider the lexion a conventional... with a rotor aftertreatment.

About the plastic cover thing. New holland has steel covers. even though it may seem otherwise. I think a lot of people have been fooled by that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The size of the feederhouse doesnt have anything to do with capacity just look at a 9600 its feederhouse is huge because it has to feed the long cylinder while say a 9750STS has a smaller feederhouse because it only needs to feed the small mouth of the rotor, but the 9750 has much more capacity.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts