The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at our case dealer and they had one in the shop im guessing doing a update...

i really like the changes on the machine....are the spreaders not run by a belt out to the left side (standing in front of machine)
also i guess you don't set the drum on the front of the feederhouse?

i didn't see the block that you turn...and tighten with the old 15/16...

it looks like there's alot of room when you go up the back ladder...

not sure why

also everything is the same on these and the 6088 right? besides HP and electronic sieves being standard equipment?

kinda wishing we went with the 7088..but we never know if we will have good crops or well...avg...

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is so much room when you go up the ladder because the wheel base is 7 or 9 inches longer, I can't remember which. That is why your feul tank is so much larger because they had extra room to use. The weight distribution is also now 60/40 instead of 70/30 I believe it was, not sure how thrilled I am with that since you have a lot more rubber at the front with duals to carry the weight.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think that the extra weight on the back would be great!
on our 2366 with a 1083 corn head when you try to go down to steep of a hill it will do a nose dive!
the Extra fuel storage would be nice also.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The new '88s have more room up top at the back because of the extra length like mx110 said but also the sides are straight back as opposed to being tapered a little front to back like the old '88s.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not sure but cleaning the sucker will be alot easier since it all opens up in that back area...

we all know how junk builds up on the gears on the choppers and then also behind the back lights...when you open the side panel all of that is exposed now....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts