The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious who has ran one, or a model similar? and what should I be looking for?

Its a 2001
5000 hrs on it (price is right)
70ft booms
soilection twin bin with electric tarp
Viper Pro rate controller
Auto steer
Not sure what transmission it has in it
tires 80%

Hardly any rust at all on the thing, was told its in really beautiful shape.

I am hoping to go look at it, and would like to know what to check out and watch when I take it for a drive and all. Look for the booms to line up when they fold out, from what I could see in pictures, they looked good, no breaks or bends in them from what I could tell.

Looking to mainly use it to spread granular chemical like avadex, edge, rival, etc, was told it should work, but also be using it for fertilizer as well in a pinch.

Thanks for any info!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put 10'000 acres on a 1998 8104 this past spring. The 2001 is a much updated model from the 1998. Those machines have a Funk 11 spd transmission. It's a very user friendly transmission. The Viper Pro is very nice easy to use monitor. I think its got to be one of the easiest to use available. In a really long day a full fuel tank will hardly last the day. They good on fuel but small tank. Those Terra Gators are very accurate and reliable. If your wanting it for custom I'd say shy away.. if its for farm use go for it!

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.