The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at buy a quadtrac between 450 and 550hp. what years should I avoid and what items do I need to look at. preferably looking at spending under 250k and looking at preferably under 2500hrs. please give me any feedback as this will be a first for a tracked machine, and no I am not interested in a challenger or deere track machine.

thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, my experience is with my machine, which is an older 9380, but I will say they are pretty great tractors. The pulling and traction strength is amazing when compared to the same tractor with tires, I have a wheel 9380 also, to compare it to.

The tracks and idlers are pretty reliable for the most part, you should be in great shape if you buy something practically new with under 2500hrs.

What I would suggest is a set of clear caps for all the idlers/boggies. Makes it super easy to check oil levels, which is critical. They will burn out the bearings quick if ran dry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.