Hibred, 66 and 76s have been almost flawless for us. During predelivery this fall we installed latest engine software which is good for all Sisu powered machines. For our area we pull cylinder at predelivery to trim triangle over feeder, install economy steep helicals, replace reverse fars with forward, remove bottom pads from rear feed to let chain down closer to floor, adjust radiator rotary screen in as far as posible then tweak all blades to run flat and true to wall, and remove knives on CDF. Predelivery found little to nothing wrong and post delivery found nothing other than bin fill auger shaking more than we like. We took out to check balance and found good. We cut off the weight they had on for balance and moved it from one end to the middle (half way between suction and discharge) and it's nice and smooth. They brag about unload rate and have to get used to the auger reaching way out there (actually reaches to high and far for the liking of some guys). The bin fill should eliminate any complaints of clean grain capacity in corn. All our 8200s get air reels. We had wheat straw going over back of auger so we installed extra channel iron stripper in front of existing strippers as well as removed full fingers. We also remove filler between header and feeder to tuck it under the floor. With it mounted on top it restricts straw flow between header and feeder in a dead area (this is a no no). We didn't break any of the full fingers before we removed them all and do so on all machines (all have Crary air reels). We did break some of the hollow fingers ahead of feeder (a foriegn object likely broke the first one and if it ended up inside the drum it could wedge between the bolts that hold guides in which would bind and break a bunch more). Gleaner put out bulliton to shorten these bolts and install solid fingers ahead of feeder. We have broke a couple solid fingers in the threads just beyond the nut (don't know if threads were cut to deap, overhardened, or foiegn object). Doesn't look like a widespread problem. '08 65 and 75s and the 6 series have factory tilted feeder floors.
Stoneypharmer, We disable the top switch. We do this by locking the easy close linkage with 1/2" hole provided, remove sensing collar from bottom switch to grind large flat area when setscrew is aimed up, reposition wire on bottom switch to oppisite of what it is (normally open or normally closed), ground the wire that used to go to top switch, bend anchor for spring that keeps play out of linkage forward so spring is never loose, then set lever from switch to sit down in ground down flat area of collar when lever is in a middle position. You will have three positions for easy close lever. One will be when door is swung open (light on), another is in middle (operation position light off), and last is locked up or latching position (light on). We had to much trouble with dual switch system in keeping clean and adjusting properly and single switch system working great. The newer rock sump systems with light door and just overcenter linkage to keep it shut use just one switch on the linkage similar to how we convert door system.