The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ours is <family name> Farming Corporation.

Years ago, my grandfather used the name "Rocky Ridge Farms". When he incorporated the business, in 1947, he decided to use the family name. Years later, my uncle was incorporating his farm and wanted to use Grampa's old name, but it was already taken. He settled on Rocky Road Farms, Inc.

In years like this, rocky road is probably appropriate. ;)

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,789 Posts
I let my wife name ours. We never incorporated, just wanted a name for it just in case. Some businesses want names for the business discount also. Pick a simple name you can put a business card and be happy to hand it out.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Chance 2 Farm Ltd.

After dad passed, and the estate battle that ensued, an executrix, who shall remain nameless at this point, kicked me off the farm and tried to impose her ideas on my dad's will. After she was found out and the estate settled I was able to go back farming, hence "Chance 2 Farm"

View attachment 46114

Facial expression Emoticon Smiley Text Smile

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
We were koondooloo contracting and we change to our family name farming pty ltd.
We name most of our stuff after our property names.
We have red gum, koondooloo and koorigal valley.
I don't think it to hard to come up is a name just what you like and sounds okay.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Don't make the mistake of naming it after yourself....find one that will transfer to the next generations. Farms are much larger than individuals.;)

EDIT: Also make sure that you don't have to spell the name every time when telling somebody, in other words, the KISS rule should apply.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Ours is a hyphenated name. The first part is because approx 1/2 of our land surrounds the original homestead which is next to a former school, so we used part of the school name. (Also, my great-great-grandfather was the sec/treas there for around 40 years and started his son there just before his 4th birthday (yup, 3 yrs old!) just to have enough kids for a teacher!) The second part comes from the town where our main yard currently is located.

Lots around here incorporate the family name into it somehow: abc family farms, A+B brothers ltd, etc.

Andrew

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.