The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my old 83 model 6620 is just about wore out and i am looking for a used combine. i am looking at the sts rotary combines, and is there very much difference between the 50 series and the 60 series. i don't know very much about the rotaries since i have a walker now. i will be cutting for my self and i have abut 300 acres of corn and 200 acres of wheat.

·
Registered
521 Posts
This is just my opinion, but since you are asking for them (opinions), here is mine: Personally, I do not think you need a rotor machine, especially for the number of acres you mentioned above. If I were you, I might look for a good used JD 9600, and save a lot of money. Granted, you may have to do some repair/maintanence on it, but I believe you would be further ahead to go this route than to get a JD rotor. Harvesting +/- 500 acres per year, a 9600 would be a good choice, to me anyway...

Yeah, there are some pretty good differences between the 50 and 60 series rotors....Since I am a walker guy, myself, I cant state what they are, but I believe they made some pretty good improvements to the 60 series. From what I understand, a rotor has fewer moving parts, but those parts are subject to high wear...Rotor guys, please correct me if I'm wrong..I'm certainly not a rotor guru..

Again, my 2 cents is to go with a good used walker machine....

·
Registered
105 Posts
we run aroud 900 acres with 2 7700's and do fine
i would not say that you would need a a rotary unless u get a international

id say that even a 94## or 95## would be sufficiant engough
for a 9600 is a 30' head machine and an 8 row where if you get the others u could keep your heads and save money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.