The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my old 83 model 6620 is just about wore out and i am looking for a used combine. i am looking at the sts rotary combines, and is there very much difference between the 50 series and the 60 series. i don't know very much about the rotaries since i have a walker now. i will be cutting for my self and i have abut 300 acres of corn and 200 acres of wheat.

·
Registered
521 Posts
This is just my opinion, but since you are asking for them (opinions), here is mine: Personally, I do not think you need a rotor machine, especially for the number of acres you mentioned above. If I were you, I might look for a good used JD 9600, and save a lot of money. Granted, you may have to do some repair/maintanence on it, but I believe you would be further ahead to go this route than to get a JD rotor. Harvesting +/- 500 acres per year, a 9600 would be a good choice, to me anyway...

Yeah, there are some pretty good differences between the 50 and 60 series rotors....Since I am a walker guy, myself, I cant state what they are, but I believe they made some pretty good improvements to the 60 series. From what I understand, a rotor has fewer moving parts, but those parts are subject to high wear...Rotor guys, please correct me if I'm wrong..I'm certainly not a rotor guru..

Again, my 2 cents is to go with a good used walker machine....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Or beat the bushes for another 6620 or 7720 that isn't worn out. They are still out there if you look patiently. You would have spare parts this way....

Mark

·
Registered
105 Posts
we run aroud 900 acres with 2 7700's and do fine
i would not say that you would need a a rotary unless u get a international

id say that even a 94## or 95## would be sufficiant engough
for a 9600 is a 30' head machine and an 8 row where if you get the others u could keep your heads and save money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts