The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I would seriously look at a Kirovets but it would have to be used as I am a tight ass I guess. I own a $40,000 Versy 946 with a pump upgrade and also an atom jet to run 2 fans if I chose. I bought a Trimble 750 with EZpilot many yrs ago for it. The tractor has 9200 hrs and just does what I ask of it everyday on the drill. It is attached and stays there lol. Is it pretty? Not to others I guess, but for me 2 weeks out of the yr I don't need another big payment. A/C blows cold. Live wire paired to the radio for music and I am happy. I like simple things and a Versatile is just that. Regular maintenance and all oil filters and changes and they run forever. Can do a bearing roll on crank for $400 yourself and just keep on pulling. Those Cummins engines were strong and easy maintenance. Small displacement engines cranking out same hp just don't have the longevity.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Kirovets 435 hp. 428 hp Kirovet coming to North America ...
Mostly mechanical design, simple, reliable.
4 yr/6,000 hrs warranty
Mercedes engine, Quad shift transmission, 74 gpm hydraulics, quite modern cab.
Fully loaded with Trimble, Isobus, duals, differential, weights, PTO, 3pt hitch - around 260k
Are these guys tryn to make an extra $100k

Attachments

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Cant go wrong on most Versatile‘s built before 2000, cheap reliable horsepower. I have a 846 and a 9682 and mostly just change oil and filters , biggest fix to date was a starter for $350.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Two years ago I was quoted $365 000 for a 965e challenger with 800 duals with central tire inflation. Seems like a lot more tractor.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is there anyone who has experience with a Kirovets tractor?
Not to hijack this thread, send me private message to aprilik[at]mtzequipment[dot]com, I'll connect you with some owners in North America.
See photos of the tractor running this Friday at a farm in Western Ontario, Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Two years ago I was quoted $365 000 for a 965e challenger with 800 duals with central tire inflation. Seems like a lot more tractor.
2 years ago we were younger, the grass was greener, and my wife tells me I had more hair :)
The advertised tractor includes all possible options, including 4 yr/6,000 hrs warranty, 3pt hitch, PTO, full air system, Full Trimble package, ISOBus plug, air ride cab, air ride swivel seat, in cab Enhanced 3pt hitch control, upgraded draw bar, duals, 50 Amp inverter, rear view camera, differentials, extra weights. Power beyond, 74 gpm Bausch hydraulics and more.
a) Fair price comparison would be with similarly equipped, similar warranty tractor.
b) Call the dealer, take out options you do not need, and give him an offer. It's a free market...

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
What would it be today? I don't think I've seen prices go anywhere but up over the last two years.

7 or 8 years ago we paid nearly $280 for a 350 hp John Deere 9330. Today even a 200 hp FWA Deere is well north of $300. By my calculations, costs have risen four times the rate of inflation in those years.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I agree with you torriem. I have bought a lot of equipment and Real estate over the years and I found equipment more so than land has reason faster then inflation.
Buy equipment the value go’s down.
buy real estate at the very least still have your principal.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Question? Would anyone be afraid of a 10000hr. Tractor for a third tractor.
Just to run a planter and grian cart. I hate putting an expenses tractor on a grain cart. I call hrs on a grian cart useless hrs. Cuz not running to the potential of the work it can do. You know what I mean?
Yes it would unless it was mine for many hours prior!

·
Registered
549 Posts
What would it be today? I don't think I've seen prices go anywhere but up over the last two years.

7 or 8 years ago we paid nearly $280 for a 350 hp John Deere 9330. Today even a 200 hp FWA Deere is well north of $300. By my calculations, costs have risen four times the rate of inflation in those years.
So why do people keep buying them? Seriously. Why?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Cheap debt. It's not about the total cost. It's about the yearly payment plus the yearly operating costs. If farmers roll machines over on a regular basis, there's a certain amount of fiscal sense to these perpetual machinery loans compared to paying cash for something cheaper. In this light, even foreign machines that are significantly cheaper than the domestic incumbents face an uphill battle in the marketplace. Of course there's always a market for used machines, but even there it's getting so the difference between used and new may not be so great.

We're grappling with this issue on our farm as we will soon need to decide about replacing machines. I don't know which way to go, honestly.

The only consolation is that debt as currency is what's powering most of the world's economies, so no one in power can afford to let that stop and allow interest rates to return to a more normal level. Bad news is when it blows up, it will sink absolutely everything all at once!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Who knows history does repeat it self.
but hopefully not as bad as before.

Anyways. A good tractor. Is one that you think is reliable. And if it Blows up? Put another motor in and keep going. At least you know what you have.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I have a Cat 95E with something like 7000 hours on it. I have replaced the coolant overflow tank because a crack, one hydraulic hose that had a slight seap, Transmission input seal had some oil build up around it. The worst was when a mouse got in the cab. Had to to tear the cab all apart to find that stinking nest. dumped bleach water all over it and washed it out then sealed with that foil sound insulation stuff. Original tracks. My family has a pile of challengers. All still going strong. All 20-25 years old. My Dad's is for sale in his estate auction. 75, has pulled 50ft of air seeder or plow it's whole life. I would still trust it over many newer tractors. Could buy it as a backup if the age worries you. Be 10x cheaper than a newer one.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd choose FWA every time due to ease of operation and overall handiness for most jobs.
If I could figure out how to pull 49 ft airdrill with the 210hp fwa I'd do it lol
However I agree with you 100%, initial cost and operating expenses for the work done should be lower on an articulating tractor.
Gas axe about 25' off of it and your 210hp would work very well. Alternately, have a friend with a Fendt 936 pulling 50' + 500 bu. Wanted FWA for big square baler/butterfly mower

·
Registered
432 Posts
It always seemed to me like the last 2 or3 years of tier 3 cnh equipment was pretty solid and then went downhill fast in 12-14 when everyone ramped their production numbers so high and quality control went out the window. The 2010 485 case is still my favorite tractor to run over any newer ones and the only in field breakdown it has had in those 10 years is a rubbed through hydraulic line.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree except for the 485 and new holland twin. The compound turbo can be an issue from what I read on here and other places. I don't have any personal experience but would not buy one because of that unless it was cheap and new history of it. Would look for a 435 or 535 or new holland twin if going with CNH. Sounds like yours has been good and neighbor's has been as well.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts