The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to look for info on CTS combines, after running a lexion 485 last year they design of the CTS in very intreging to me and beginning to wonder if that would make a diccent backup combine on a wheat, soybean, corn farm. What catches my eyes is they seem to run about 10-15 thousand cheaper for a mid to late 90's. Right now we have a Lexion 485 and 2 9600. Any input is welcome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The best thing about a CTS is the fact that it's a rice machine and it's got all that stainless steal in all the major wear areas. It's kinda the best of both worlds, cylinder / concave and twin rotors too. Not the greatest bean machine in the world but with a few modifications to the front of the rotors, if it hasn't already been done, can make it a very nice machine. The major advantage is the increased seperation of grain when moisture levels are high. I don't know how they do in corn. With a stripper header, rasp bar in rice, it's unbelievable. You can drive as fast as the clean grain elevator will take it away. That's not a fair comparison though cause you don't have anything but heads goin' through the combine.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What modifcations to the front of the rotors? We bought a '97 with rasps bars in it. Going to use it in Wheat, Soybeans, Corn???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts